“Wonderful Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Madison, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My Husband and I normally make reservations, but on this trip called several hotels in Mobile, Alabama before choosing this hotel. After walking in the hotel to determine if we were going to stay there - the deal was sealed when I met Ms Donna at the Front Desk. She was so warm, friendly, bubbly, someone that appeared to love her job, was happy to be at work and just made me know that this was the place for us to stay. Ms Donna really is a wonderful person and we were so fortunate that she was on duty when we arrived. We just loved her and would recommend that if you need Trainers for your Corporate Front Desk Staff, Ms Donna would definitely be the right person for the job. We will visit that Hilton Garden Inn just because of Ms Donna. Thanks so much for having Staff that love their job and radiates it all over anyone that she encounters. My Husband and I ate Breakfast on Sunday morning and he made the statement that Ms Donna really makes people feel welcomed her. He also said that she will keep Hilton Garden Inn in business :o) because she will insure repeat Customers! At Breakfast is where we met two more wonderful Staff Members. Ms Courtney and the Chef's name that we did not get. Courtney was so attentive to us from the time that she took our order until the moment we left the restaurant area. There wasn't a moment that we had to look for her when we needed something - she made sure that she checked on us, not too much just right on time each time. We really appreciated the Chef and Courtney being so kind to us and making our Restaurant experience just like the rest. Again, I would like to say that we really enjoyed our time at the Hilton Garden Inn and will definitely visit again. Having Ms Donna who is such a wonderful person to Courtney with her helpful personality and Mr Chef making sure our food was delicious we salute your Hotel, especially the Mobile Location as a Outstanding Experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for writting such a wonderful review. Donna, Courtney and Natalie were very excited that you took the time to name them and give them such a great review. We very much appreciate your review and we loo forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked a room once based on a state government employee discount. Upon arriving I discovered that the state government rate does not entitle me to the complimentary breakfast that is pretty standard with these rooms. OK, maybe it was there in the reservation and I didn't see it, but even so, who gives you a discount for any reason and then takes something away for the same reason? That's not a discount. I generally like all Hilton family hotels and I have no other complaints about this hotel, but be wary.

(Full disclosure to management: I am writing this from memory and am unable to recall when I stayed there. I was thinking of it recently and thought it should be noted. The choice to indicate when we stayed there does not allow a review for a stay of more than a year back so I had to check the oldest month.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I would like to appologize for this not being explained to you when you booked your room. We do not offer complimentary breakfast, however we do have a bed and breakfast package that includes breakfast. Thank you for your comments.
Carrollton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

First of all, our Tom-Tom could not find the hotel (on the computer, Google maps did!). The desk clerk said this happens about 3 times a week. Perhaps someone can contact Tom-Tom and any of the others and tell then they are wrong. The directions took us 20 miles away from the hotel to a vacant lot. Second, you need a sign at the Service Road saying "Entrance for Hilton Garden". We thought that the next turn-in which was a street was the way in - wrong! We had to go around a long block and back around. The room was clean and nice - the only thing we didn't like was the bathroom door opens into the little hallway that also has the entrance door and a closet door right there. Not good! All in all, we would go back again. P.S. When we arrived (12/13/2013), the desk clerk was back in a room not attending the desk - had to wait for him to come out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.
I appologize for your Tom- Tom not giving accurate directions, we have tried to get this rectified I believe the new versions have our address correct. I am glad to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. Again I appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us.
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was a great experience. Excellent service and the Dining Facility was one of a kind!!! Not a whole lot left to say. All of the staff and the facility was top notch. The waiters and waitresses in the dining room were second to none. They made us feel like they enjoyed serving us and wanted to make sure that we were satisfied from entry to exit, and they did.

Room Tip: Second time we stayed at this hotel in Mobile, l. Both rooms were "Great!!!"
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2Review4You, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I am very excited to here that your experience here was so wonderful. We work hard to take care of all of our guest, and it is great to hear that our hard work has paid off. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Mobile.
Concord, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My entire experience from check-in to check out was positive and quite memorable. The entire staff acknowledged me with a very warm, Southern greeting such as "Good morning, how are you?" or "Welcome back, how was your day?" They took the time to stop what they were doing, make eye contact and engage me in conversation. This staff is very well trained in making sure each guest feels welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Geoffery,
I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of our property. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Mobile.
Sheffield, AL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at the I-65 / Airport Rd location in November. Very impressive lobby with huge columns, sofas, and dining area. A touch of Southern charm with lemonade available 24/7 and tasty snacks. Located in great part of Mobile with many nice shops and restaurants nearby, and only 15 minutes to the seafood restaurants on Mobile Bay. Room was very clean and smelled clean. Bathroom was clean and smelled clean. Sleep number beds slept much better on night #2 when we realized that we could adjust them. Plug locations were plentiful and friendly spaced. The only two negatives that we had (and we overcame both) were shower water pressure and the A/C unit and thermostat didn't seem to be on the same page. The positives certainly outweighed the negatives. My wife and I were in town with our 17 year old son for baseball tryout at the University of South Alabama and to visit the school. Location is very convenient to USA - only 8-10 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am happy to hear that you had a good stay in Mobile. I apologize for not giving you the information on the beds the first night of your arrival, Also I am going to look into the water pressure and the A/C unit in your room so we can get these issues corrected. I hope your son had a great tryout.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to you returning to Mobile.
Mobile, AL, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was put in a smoking room and there was not much effort to move me to another room. I suffer from sinus problems and have been sick since my return. At check in, I had to wait about 20-30 minutes for them to finish cleaning my room. As I was going up to the room, the housekeeper was on the elevator headed to my room before I got there to make sure she closed the windows. The coffee make in my room wasn't working. I called the service desk before 8:00 a.m and reported it and they said they would send someone to check it. When I checked out at 11:00, no one had been to the room to check it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the room you expected when you first arrived to our hotel. I assure you that we do everything we can to provide our guests the room they request however; there are times when our guests extend their stay with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. I also would like to take this time to express my regret regarding the length of time it took to clean your room.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us.