“Brave attempt”
Review of Zorba The Greek - CLOSED

Zorba The Greek
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I pass by here twice a day. Have tried it once. The food is authentic, if not really high quality. There does seem to be a genuine greek mama in charge. But like many places in Mobile, it is run down with an apologetic demeanor. In a dinky strip shopping center.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Zorba's Market (next door to the restaurant) has it's hours of operation posted on it's door, but there's a sign saying to go to the restaurant in order to shop in the store. Following instructions, I go into the restaurant and ask the owner if I can shop in the store. He abruptly gave an annoyed sigh and told me that was a problem. After telling him that if it was such a problem, I could spend my money elsewhere, he told me to go do just that. His customer service skills are in need of a drastic change if he intends to keep his business open. I would NOT suggest supporting that kind of manners or service.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is the best Greek food that I have ever eaten. The hummus is incredible!

4  Thank johnnycockalotta
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The food is good, but they don't give you enough for the money you pay. We got gyros. The picture looked great. Too bad they didn't look anything like the picture. They had very, very little onion (I'm talking like 2 thin slivers). A tablespoon of lettuce and about a teaspoon of cucumber sauce. We asked for a little extra cucumber sauce. They charge you .50 cents for a teaspoon of cucumber sauce. We wanted a little more hot sauce for the rice. They give you a 1/8 of a teaspoon to start. You can get a whole teaspoon for 50 cents. Anything extra, you pay! They even charged us for water ! I've never been charged for water (unless it's in a bottle). Want good gyros / Medeterrian food ? Go to Ollies. It's about 2 buildings down on the same side of the street. You can walk there from Zorbas. And we highly recommend walking / going to Ollies !

1  Thank Corncob125
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Zorba the Greek is one of my favorite West Mobile eateries. The people make you feel like family. The baba ganoush and lentil soup are out of this world. Hell, everything I have tried has been perfect.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook