No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa FE Grill
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The wait staff at Santa Fe is outstanding! Everyone is friendly and helpful. The owner is always there, often waiting on tables himself. The food quite good and reasonably priced. Our family eats there about once every week. We have never had a single problem with the food. The atmosphere is excellent with a bright, colorful interior, good music on the radio and sports on the tv at the bar. If you want to watch a game and drink some beer, they have eight beers on tap which blows away most other bars in town. The special on saturday is $7 for a pitcher. The salsa is always excellent and slightly different depending on who makes it. The desert selection is more extensive than average with about eight items to choose from, not just fried ice cream or flan. I think there has been a change in ownership within the past year, so some of the older reviews may no longer reflect the current high quality served up at Santa Fe these days. Try it out!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We were happy to find this restaurant on Restaurant.com... we'd gone before and really enjoyed it so we looked forward to going. We happened to get there not long before closing. There were people at one other table and the emptiness seemed to emphasize the tired & worn interior.

When the food came, the waiter warned us about the very hot plates... but they weren't hot and the food was barely warm. I had to ask the waiter THREE times for a straw even though by then he had no other customers to take care of.

Some employees were standing around talking and one or two started putting chairs up on the tables, sweeping the floor, etc., in preparation for going home. That was understandable since they WERE closing, but we really had the feeling that they were about to sweep us out the door and that they were too busy closing the place to render good service. It was a relief to leave.

The food itself was mediocre. There are much better places to go for Mexican so we won't be back to Santa Fe Grill even with a coupon or discounted price... just wasn't a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Linja
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Good service and reasonable prices. Food was good and location in mall was convenient for shopping afterwards.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Went today. Staff was friendly. Found a worm in my tamale after I had eaten about a third of it. A complete worm. Around 1/4 inch long. Told the waitress, who then got the manager. Gave him the worm. He offered a new plate, or dessert. I declined. They did remove the cost of my plate from the bill. I shouldn't have had to pay for ANY of it considering no one was able to finish their food. WILL NOT RETURN. Called health Dept.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Picked up a deal on restaurant.com for dinner at this restaurant before I realized it was "in the mall". Once that was known I actually considered not using the certificate. The mall really isn't my cup of tea.

Well long story short we went, we ordered, we ate and we left.

This place is a remodeled ex-ruby tuesday's. The new owners opened up the place a lot, seems much larger than I recall from past experience.

The food was served hot and nicely seasoned. Portions were above average. One adult beverage ordered and was good.

We came early for dinner so we had the place more or less to ourselves. Service was just fine.

Bottom line, we will come back and probably at a similar time.

1  Thank bladebroker