“Great place to get an ice cram treat!”

Cammie's Old Dutch Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Mobile
Reviewed July 11, 2013

While staying in Mobile we visited Cammie's after reading about it on-line. This was such a neat little ice cream shop. Lots of delicious flavors, it's hard to choose which one to get. The prices are great and the the quality is even better. This is a must stop if you love ice cream!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stopped in ice cream places before that were a bit out of the way but people claimed were awesome - and they were so not awesome. This place actually is awesome. The ice cream is made in the store and they are NOT skimpy with the servings. It's not really close to any other tourist things so you'll have to make a special trip but it's ... awesome.

1  Thank TennesseeGypsy
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was impressed the moment I walked in. I felt as thought I had walked into an old movie set. Of course there were some modern things inside: cash registers, people on cell phones, trendy clothing and me of course.

But the antiques were there and so were the swivel bar stools along the back counter. The milkshake was delicious, creamy, thick and presented to me as if I was in a 30's-40's shop.

The prices are great, you can ask for a taste test just to be sure it's what you wanted, but I somehow knew I wasn't going to be disappointed. I think my one shake container has the makings of about three shakes we get from other current ice cream shops. By the time I left there, about an hour and a half later (it took me that long to finish the entire shake). I was as full as a tick.

I was in heaven and the best thing was that I could eat at the counter and didn't have to order from the back door. Lol.

The staff and owner were very friendly and this place has a consistent flow of customers.

2  Thank CPaula
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It is truly a treat when we go to Old Dutch. Walking in is like stepping back in time. If you order a one scoop cone be prepared to have a lot more than one scoop piled on top!

1  Thank 215JacquelineT
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place truly ives up to the "Old Fashioned" in its name. All of the ice cream I've tried here is rich, creamy and delicious. Old Time favorites include banana splits, sundaes, malts and my favorite, old fashioned ice cream SODAS! I haven't experienced any this good since I was a kid and every local drug store had its own soda fountain! Well worth the several block drive off Interstate 65 for a real treat!