“I Hope You Are Hungry”

Ranked #173 of 673 Restaurants in Mobile
Saraland, Alabama
“I Hope You Are Hungry”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you don't have a big appetite, then I wouldn't recommend Boiling Pot. However, if you love great seafood and a lot of it, then The Boiling Pot is the place to go. If you leave here hungry then it's your own fault. Everything I have ever had here was great. My new favorite is the surf and turf and I get the crab bites topping which just puts it over the top!

Visited January 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“You have GOT to go to this place if you like seafood!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good Value for your dollar. Generous helping. Good food. Good variety. Don't order dinner meals if you are on a diet or are not really hungry. Lunch will totally fill you up.

I believe they cook your food the moment you order it. It will be fresh but you should not expect fast food service. Pick up your food, find a table. There is no table service (and no tip). The atmosphere is more of an open eating area but is comfortable at Tillman's Corner. The store on Airport is larger and has the restaurant feel and there is a busboy service.

I've only eaten fried food here but they do offer broiled and I probably should, but... I love my fried foods.

Visited January 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Good food”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The food was so tasty and they give you a lot. My family and I went there for dinner nand we had so much food, we had enough to take home for leftover. The best thing in my opinion are the Po boy sandwiches, they are GREAT!!

• Visited February 2014
Orange Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Manager ever!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Michelle McKinney is one of the best managers ever to exist!! I have been to the restaurant several times and I do not even live in Alabama. I have watched her work. She is very polite with the customers and she is very polite with her employees. She goes out of her way to help everyone. She does not sit back and just direct the proceedings. Instead, she jumps in and leads by example. Most managers will sit in the office doing paperwork and checking on the restaurant every now and then. She was never back in her office. She was always out front with the customers and her employees, which leads me to believe she handles the paperwork before the business opens, or after it closes. I would gladly steal her away from the business if it were possible!! The restaurant gives an abundant amount of food and it is fresh. The Boiling Pot is very clean and the service is excellent. You can enjoy your meal while watching any one of numerous flat screen tv's. If you enjoy seafood made the way you like it (fried, boiled, grilled, etc), then you need to come to Mobile Alabama and enjoy a family atmosphere restaurant!!

• Visited January 2014
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The manager Michelle McKinney said she will MICROWAVE MY FOOD!!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The manager told me she would MICROWAVE MY FOOD!!!The worst experience ever. The most UNPROFESSIONAL rudest "manager" Michelle McKinney has no knowledge on customer service! After waiting 30 minutes for my food I told the young lady at the counter I had to leave bc of an emergency that had happened. So I left and called to let them know it would be a while b4 I could get my food and asked if she could remake my food when I'm able to come back. The manager Michelle McKinney told me she would not and that she will microwave my food. I told her I would just come get a refund, then she told me she would go ahead and remake my food. Once I get there I told her I want to order something else of equal valve (thinking she would still microwave my food) and she refused my service. She needs to be fired! I will never ever eat here again and will tell everyone about this business! They don't appreciate their customers. I was a weekly customer spending about $70 a week... I'll take my money to some other place who appreciate their customers!

• Visited December 2013