“Awesome cajun/seafood”

Ranked #159 of 671 Restaurants in Mobile
Theodore, Alabama
“Awesome cajun/seafood”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have some of the best poboys around & they are not stingy on filling the sandwich up! I normally have 2 meals off of 1 sandwich! LOVE them!

Visited August 2012

Mobile, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a Favorite”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Neither me nor my husband cared for The Boiling Pot. We both ordered the fried shrimp dinner and did not care for the flavor of the shrimp at all. The resturant was very plain, just tables and chairs, nothing special. Overall, we just did not have a good experience.

Semmes, Alabama
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff greets you as you come to the counter - very friendly and attentive! Awesome food and clean restraunt

Visited September 2012
“great seafood!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I really enjoy the seafood here. Its fresh and delicious with huge servings. On a budget?? Try the large shrimp poboy. Its big enough for at least two, maybe three people according to your appetite!

Visited September 2012
Orlando, FL
“Pretty good seafood - would go back again”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I found the Boiling Pot on TripAdvisor when looking for a restaurant close to the hotel my dad and I were staying at while passing through Mobile on a recent road trip. Some gulf coast seafood sounded good so we decided to check out the Boiling Pot.

The biggest surprise was that you ordered at a counter instead of them having a wait staff. That changed my initial impression, lowering my expectations for the quality of the meal we were about to have. As a matter of fact, I asked my dad if he would prefer to go elsewhere but we decided to stay.

The shrimp dishes we had were pretty good. The flavors used in the preparation of the broiled shrimp were delicious. But the accompanying red potatoes and corn on the cob were over cooked and rather "mushy". Nevertheless, we had a good meal and I would eat there again.