“Slightly disappointed”
Review of The Trellis Room

The Trellis Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Trellis Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 677 Restaurants in Mobile
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Francis
Description: Enjoy a contemporary dining experience featuring seasonal menus that showcase the best local ingredients available to maximize flavor and presentation. Downtown Mobile's only AAA 4 Diamond restaurant.
Baton Rouge
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After reading the reviews for this restaurant; I was excited to dine here. I think I read somewhere that this was the only 4 Diamond restaurant in Mobile. The restaurant itself is gorgeous and the staff is very friendly. However, I was slightly disappointed with the food. Don’t get me wrong, the food was good. However, at these prices, I expected excellent. My husband ordered the rib eye and I had the salmon special. Again, the food was good, but not great. I personally would not dine here again.

• Visited July 2013

Mobile, AL
“High class in all aspects”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I went to the Trellis Room on our anniversary. It is not a cheap restaurant, but it is well worth the price. The wine was great, the food was better. The spring tasters menu is a deal. Choice of two appetizers, three entrees, and two desserts. The She-crab soup was the richest that I have ever eaten and I have tried many. The Salmon entrée was fantastic. Complimentary champagne topped our meal.

Visited May 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I recently Stayed at the Battle House and dined at the Trellis Room. Atmosphere, service and the food were excellent. We felt like royalty!

Visited April 2013
Alabama
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Really enjoyed dinner in The Trellis Room. Tried the diver scallops with wild mushroom risotto, sauteed spinach and white truffle oil--outstanding and scallops perfectly prepared. Their crab cake appetizer was also excellent. My sister began with she crab bisque then entree of shrimp pappardelle--both were great. We stayed at the Battle House on a Friday night so the restaurant was really busy but the service was right on target. Very nice ambiance! Will go again.

• Visited May 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Once was enough”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was not impressed. Entire operation felt disjointed; as if either they were all new to their jobs or they were tired of working there. Food, average at best. For the prices charged, you should expect better. My Lobster was severely over cooked, rubbery and tough to chew and my risotto was flavorless and far too al dente for my taste.
My wife's and my salad both had a pre-made "bagged" lettuce flavor and her Herb Roasted Organic Chicken was overcooked and dry. For a $28 piece of chicken, she was not happy.

• Visited September 2012