“Hire an EXPERIENCED cook”
Review of Picklefish - CLOSED

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I do not like any of the popular corporate pizza chains anymore. They are all too salty, have bad crust and no flavor. In Mobile we are fortunate to have several alternative pizza places. Picklefish was recomended to me so I tried it one night. I called it in for pick up. Not only was it overly expensive for a one topping large pizza - almost $20.00, but the college student in the kitchen had absolutely no idea how to make a good pizza or even have the sense to thaw out the bag of cheese he used on my pizza. The toppings were put on first ( I watched him while I waited). BTW,they call them "toppings" for a reason. Then he put on so much cheese there was no way it could have melted properly in the 5 minutes it cooked. The pepperoni was barely cooked. The "manager" tried to reassure me and said they make them that way so it would not burn. ??? It was not my best pizza experience.

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We ate there a few years ago and can't wait to eat there again. They had the best fried pickle spears around and the pizza was out of sight!!! If you are in the mobile area you have to try it!! You will not be disappointed!!!

2  Thank Bigdaddy71100
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I love the pizza at Pickelfish - it just can't be beat in Mobile although the college kids do their best to fill up the tables.

1  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I visited Picklefish last week-end (May 2012) and it is going downhill fast. They no longer seem to care. There was no obvious manager or owner on duty and the college kids running it from across the street weren't worried about it.

At one time the high priced ($25) Great White w/Chicken Pizza was well worth it. Mine arrived burnt black this week end. I refused it and had them make another one and it was almost as burnt.

This is a shame because at one time they were producing some of the finest hand tossed pizzas in the Mobile area.

I think I have made my last visit. The Dominoes Artisan Pizzas are for sure on my "must try" list.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

If this place accepted Amex cards it would be rated a 5. Great execeution on the ubiquitous pizza. Tasty and hot. White sauce variants a real treat.

1  Thank uphill69