“Pleasantly surprised!”

Vestavia Hills, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

You can't tell from the outside, but this place is truly a gem. It's a family run restaurant and you can tell! We didn't have to wait to be seated and they offered us options as to where we wanted to be sat.The service was great and our server was a sweet older lady. The sushi was also some of the best I've had in Mobile! Their specialty rolls were top notch and even a more plain roll that we got was great. We used a groupon to pay for part of our meal and that definitely kept the cost down!

• Visited April 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“Good sushi for Mobile”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The sushi is good, better than most in mobile. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. There is not anything really creative going on, but expect a good meal.

Visited February 2014
Gloucester, Virginia
“Mom & pop kinda place”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Quality wise, the sushi is delicious. It is a very small place and maybe they had a new chef because there were 4 tables sitting, a few to go orders waiting and my tuna roll took and hour and 15 min. To get. If I didn't know any better I would have thought this was the first time the restaurant was open. Very chaotic, but friendly and apologetic.

• Visited February 2014
“Advertised as Sushi and Thai”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Thai menu limited, Japanese tempura and lots of Sushi choices.
Friendly and attentive wait staff.
We love Thai so that is what we ordered. It was very good, but not excellent. They were not busy on an early Saturday evening.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food, Great People, but Avoid Take Out”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stopped by Fuji San after a long drive to Mobile and it was decent. The food was nice and I especially liked the shrimp fried rice. However, the dishes were a little small and pricey for me and my family of four. The quality and taste was really good, though. I wish I tried the sushi but we just settled for take out fried rice, noodles, and the "dinner-for-two". The employees were very kind and treated us like family. I wish we ate there because the restaurant itself looked very homey. The reason I say to avoid Take Out is because I think the homey experience at the restaurant itself is something to enjoy and also, take out does not come with the side salad and miso soup which is probably why eating here was not enough. Overall, I do recommend this restaurant to others simply because it has a nice homey atmosphere and the employees are very friendly and speak to customers like family. The only tip I have is that you should eat in because it is the atmosphere that makes the food that much better.

• Visited July 2013