“Great Japanese in Mobile”
Review of Fuji San

Fuji San
Ranked #163 of 693 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2012

In town for a conference on a Monday night. Was craving sushi so I went to Fuji San. Amazingly, I was the only one there. I ordered miso soup, small salad, a couple of spicy tuna and salmon rolls, and a fried banana for dessert. Struck up a great conversation on football with the owner as we watched Monday Night Football (Broncos at Chargers). Great service. Great food. Great conversation. Can't go wrong here. I might go back tomorrow.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My first time here, but certainly not my last! The food was great, and the prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere is very different from what you think by looking at the outside, seeing as the restaurant is in an old house. There are several unique items on the menu. I suggest the Mardi Gras roll. It's just what Mardi Gras is - a complete sensory experience! I can't wait to visit this place again.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place has not always had the best looking location but the food has always been good.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I lived in Houston for awhile and get used to being able to find excellent sashimi on every corner, but now that I'm back in Mobile, it was quite an ordeal even finding a place with some that was half decent.

I am SO happy I went to Fuji San!
The service was very friendly. Even though our food was slow to come out, it's understandable. I came with a large group, and everything we ordered would take awhile to prepare well.

I will definitely be going back to satisfy my sashimi cravings.

**BTW- If anyone knows what the tough, transluecent white fish is that they serve with the sashimi plates, let me know! I have never had it before, but despite its toughness it was by far my favorite. It has a pleasant creamy mouthfeel, and a delicate, not-fishy flavor. I'm positive it wasn't tuna. At least not anything like anytune I've had before.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Good rolls, tempura, and chicken katsu. Everything we very good. Make sure you have plenty of time.