“Good, but limited”

Fairhope, Alabama, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but limited”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love Liquid, and it's a great late night destination, but I liked it alot better before they remodeled. It used to be a lot more chill, and there was more selection. They still have the best escolar sashimi around! Great sake selection too. :)

Visited February 2012

Mobile, Alabama
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great sushi in a comfortable atmosphere. Good service - always a nice evening in downtown Mobile.

Visited April 2012
Birmingham
“really good sushi - good rolls and good service”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I ate by myself on a Tuesday night. The restaurant only had a few customers. The food was really good. I had edamame, tuna 3 way and snapdragon roll. I like spicy food and the snapdragon was awesome.

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CUTE LITTLE SPOT...”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Great cozy sushi bar/lounge with comfortable couches and cool, attentive waitstaff. Sushi itself was very good and the menu offered some creative choices. Cocktails were good also. Will be back. Great date spot.

Mobile, Alabama
“I have never been treated so rude.....”
Reviewed May 12, 2009

On Secretaries day I had lunch at Ruth's Chris. They had the annual type writter throwing contest and prize drawings. I won a $25 gift certificate to Liquids/Taquillas. I had never been there before so I was excited to have the opportunity to go check it out. On May 9, 2009 my husband and I decided to put the ole $25 dollar certificate to use. So we headed downtown. My husband is a Fire Fighter and he says he often passes by Liquids but never thought about going there. I work downtown and often pass by there as well. Immediately when we walked in I liked the place. The bartender in Liquids (where they serve sushi) was very nice and friendly and I told him that I had a gift certificate but didn't really like sushi. He kindly suggested that we go next door to the Taquilla part (which is apart of Liquids and try their mexican food.) Now walking into this particular part of Liquids was a totally different atmospher. As I approached the young lady behind the bar to tell her that we had a $25 gift certificate. She quickly said that they no longer accept gift certificates because there has been some counterfeit problelms. Mind you...this young lady had not even looked at the certificate as I was still trying to get it out of my purse. She was very hostile and rude. Which mad me a little uneasy and very upset at her lack of professionalism. As I was trying to tell her that I doubt very seriously that Ruth's Chris would issue out counterfeit gift certificates. She told me to CHILL OUT! My husband is a Captain with the Mobile Fire Dept. and he was rattled and shocked at the way this young lady was acting. Once I let her see the certificate she then said she would call her boss and see if they would honor it. She went to into a secluded area and I assume she called her boss. It took about 10 minutes or so before she came back to us with the certificate. By then.....we wanted no parts of Liquids/Taquilla's. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had at any restaurant and I travel a lot. Not sure if this lady was having a bad day because she was preganant or what. But she certainly should not be the front person to represent their restaurant/bar. We were very dissatisfied and will never return to Liquids!

D & J Craig