“Good Rate”
Review of Quality Inn Mobile

Quality Inn Mobile
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times. I've only ever been offered an upgraded room once but I had to turn it down because I needed to be on the ground floor. They really need to renovate this motel. The staff are really nice.

Breakfast -- not at all what one would expect. The biscuits were hard, the apple juice was too concentrated, and there wasn't much of a selection.

The room -- the bed is uncomfortable and hard. The pillows are hard. The carpets need a good cleaning. Rest of the room was clean.

If you can deal with all of the above, then this would be a good place for you to stay. It has met my needs consistently, so I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Colleen U

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night, which was 1 night too many. Four of us had driven all day, it was dark and foggy and we were tired. Decided to stay on the west side if Mobile, since we were traveling west, to miss the morning rush hour. The lobby looked nice and clean, so we checked in. Wanted a first floor room, was told they were booked, looked several times and no more than 3 cars in the lot. Got two rooms upstairs. Our friends had to move as, although the beds were made, the sheets were dirty and there were long black hairs in their bed. Our room appeared to be ok but later in the evening found our sheets were soiled so we slept on towels that we had to go to the office and get. Our friends second room again appeared to be satisfactory but got in the shower and closed the curtain only to be soiled with blood. Needless to say we would sleep in the car before here again. We have stayed at Quality Inns across the country and have been very comfortable. There was no Quality in this Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Mnyjobz
Reviewed November 8, 2012

To begin with the hotel 'icon' picture that comes up with this property is not correct ...it is the Comfort Suites that is behind the Quality Inn. The Quality Inn in Tillman's Corner is an average 'older' property that is an outdoor corridor hotel. I stay in this area quite a bit on business and have stayed at this site twice. Both times my major complaint is that the carpets are FILTHY. If you walk around for just a few minutes your feet / socks will be BLACK. The carpet is dark and on the surface looks clean. It is so bad that I kept a wet wash cloth on the foot of the bed to wash my feet off every time before getting in bed. The first time I stayed I thought it might have been an isolated case ...the second time I learned my lesson and won't stay there again. The beds are average "cheap" mattresses and linens. The comforters on the beds are starting to show their age. The clothes rack / towel rack are rusting and the rooms just need a total makeover. Housekeeping seems to have a 'lack of attention to detail'. I found a half empty bottle of water in the refrigerator on my last stay. The Comfort Suites behind this unit is a MUCH better hotel ...clean, quite and excellent staff. I like the Tillman's Corner area because it is a 'safe' community that has a nice selection of restaurants and is convenient to I-65 and I-10.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The reviews for this tired but adequate property seem a bit optimistic to me. This is a very typical older exterior corridor roadside motel, par for the course for this "upscale budget" brand of lodging. Everything about the property screams adequate but undistinguished. The desk clerks are friendly if a bit disengaged; the exterior of the property contains some elements of upgrading but reveals pockets of neglect--lose handrails, filthy and beat-up trash cans, etc-; and the room has all the elements you would expect in a condition that suggests a complete overhaul is in order. There is a decent breakfast served in a small room adjacent to the registration desk.

In short, this is an acceptable place to spend the night but vaguely unsatisfying all the same. The hotel sits amidst a complex of lodging establishments that represent every possible budget brand--Super 8, Motel 6, Comfort Inn, Baymont Suites, Econolodge, and Rodeway Inn--along with a much nicer looking Hampton Inn. There is a redneck sports bar nearby along with a Hooters and a Waffle House for your dining pleasure.

There is nothing here that would suggest the Quality Inn is better--or worse--than the other budget options in the immediate neighborhood.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and removed from the noise of the nearby highway and interstate
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank civilwarguy
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I couldn't believe the rate that I paid, and for a king room with a sofa to boot! The room was clean. The carpet smells clean (e.g. new). Convenient to restaurants and gas stations and I-10. It's a good location, clean spacious rooms, and great price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were passing through en route to New Orleans. Older hotel. Rooms very clean. Nice linen and nice firm beds. Door jam a bit dated. Small pool but super clean. Good breakfast. Scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, waffle maker even bacon and more. Staff friendly. Some hotels in same exit ten dollars cheaper, but we felt it was well worth the sixty _nine.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Herpfriend
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Me in my family stayed hear the man at the front desk was so kind even thow we got up a little late for breakfast when we got to the lobby he personally made enough waffle mix for my whole family to have breakfast then he made sure we had whatever we needed to eat a full breakfast I have never been treated so kindly by any hotel like this we were very pleased thanks for making us feel welcomed Mr Forrest

• Stayed: May 2012