All reviews cracker barrel the morning breakfast buffet eating establishments clean rooms would stay here again tennis center queen bed staff went out of their way decent breakfast the check in process microwave and refrigerator one night stay excellent stay convention center pledge walmart interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Nice place. I'd stay here again. Comfy bed. Nice shower. Decent breakfast. Good value. Yeah repeat worthy. The front desk folks were pleasant. My room was nice and big. For what they are offering and the value, they are both in alignment.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
HIEmob, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Daniel,
Thank you so much for such a great review of out staff and hotel. We love seeing our guest enjoy their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Mobile area.

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

I booked the hotel room in advance through the hotel website. My card was charged that morning. When I arrived, they gave us a room key. When we got to the room, we saw that the room was already occupied. We went to the front desk. They said that there was a mixup and that the hotel was sold out. They said that we could go to a sister hotel and not be charged. The sister hotel was an aged hotel. After 3 tries with different rooms there, we finally had a room for the night. I then received a survey and provided this feedback and did not receive a reply. I would not recommend this hotel or Holiday Inn Express.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Hi 694leann,

Thanks for sharing feedback and for staying with us. We only want our guests to leave with wonderful memories of their stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the general upkeep of the rooms you received was less than satisfactory. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, I have sent you an e-mail to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you would give us another chance make your stay better than the last.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed January 20, 2019

We travel often and usually stay at Holiday Inn Express. This experience made us rethink our allegiance to the chain.

We called the hotel to check on accommodations at about 3 PM the same day we needed the room. We were specific in our request for handicapped and were told that they could accommodate us, but they were too busy to talk to us further and advised us to call the Holiday Inn reservation line. We should have stopped right there, but we had had good experiences with the other Holiday Inn hotels we've stayed at, so we didn't.

As it turned out, the only thing handicapped about the room we were given was that there was a doorbell and one bar in the bathroom! But it was almost 9 PM when we arrived and there were no other "handicapped" rooms that night.

From the time we arrived at the front door, we had issues. It had been raining and the floor between the two sets of doors was soaking wet. There was no warning sign and no mop. On a subsequent trip to the car, we noticed a sign had been placed, but the floor still hadn't been mopped. Hey Management! Do you know that a cane on a wet tile or linoleum floor almost automatically leads to a slip and fall accident? If not, now you do!

The bed was very high. I was not able to get into it without help because of the height.

The thermostat in the room didn't work and was set on 75, a little warm for our taste, leaving us sweating all night.

The only bar in the bathroom was between the tub and the LOW toilet (not ADA). Its placement worked as an assistant for neither. The tub height was also higher than normal, making it extremely difficult to get in and out. (But we couldn't skip the shower because we'd been sweating all night!)

There are loads of hotels in Mobile. Don't waste your time with this one. The service is terrible!

Room tip: Be sure of the specific handicapped arrangements available in your room. Don't hesitate to leave if they aren't what you need!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StanR265, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

I am very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I assure you this is not the norm. If there is any thing I can do for you please give me a call.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We stayed here for the national usta tournament last week. I was worried due to some of the reviews but we saw nothing of what was written. Friendly, helpful staff, no mold, clean rooms, decent food. Staff went out of their way to help with an early departure time putting out food before the scheduled time. Lots of good restaurants. No worry about safety of cars or rooms. Would stay here again and the price was right.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
StanR265, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Thank you so much for such a great review. We really enjoyed have you group here, and thanks for voting on your favorite pumpkin from our staffs contest. We hope your team was successful in the tournament. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Good service is expected. Personal service keeps us going back. Lots of hotels in the area to choose from - probably not a nickels difference in the lot - a few $, a few amenities, etc. Personal service keeps us going back.

Room tip: we prefer the suites
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StanR265, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. You are compelely correct about service. We stress that to our staff.