“A Bargain in the Bay City”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“A Bargain in the Bay City”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stopped in this hotel for a second time in a year. It is now called the Jameson Inn. At check in we were given the room next to the lobby. We found the room in Room Saver, and got a great rate. We were pleased to find a room equipped with a king bed, fold out couch, desk chair, microwave, frig, granite on the bathroom floor and counter. The breakfast consisted of eggs, waffles, fruit, sausage, cereals, etc. The hotel was off of I-65 so it was conveniently located. It was centrally located for trips to Bellingraph Gardens, the USS Alabama, the historic homes of Mobile, and the Mobile Art Gallery not to mention the children's interactive exhibit and IMAX theater downtown. We appreciated the service which was excellent. Almost every request was met above what we asked. A couple of things to know, they do not offer extended check out past 11. Also, the room could have been a bit tidier. Small things compared to a positive overall experience.

Room Tip: Request their best room at check in
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Naplestravelers
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, April 13, 2014

Comfort Suites, Mobile Alabama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Watson, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we got the coupon at the Alabama welcome station stay at Comfort Suites for $69 a night. They would not honor the coupon, so we had to pay $75 a night. They say they have a hot breakfast buffet, don't believe it. There was cold cereal with milk, pastry, bad coffee, selection of juices, and a make your own waffle which I did not try. the room, but we felt like we got jipped on the price. There were several hotels right there together and we could have gone to any other one and gotten a better price. We chose this one because it said it was brand new. We stayed two nights.

Room Tip: don't try to use your coupons. And they do not honor AAA membership.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gail J
Pete P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, March 21, 2014

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed March 19, 2014

we had one king room. check in was fast, the room was spacious and clean. refrigerator and microwave available plus a pretty big TV. the bathroom seemed recently refurbished, looked really neat. the beds were comfy and the wifi was fast. breakfast in the morning was tasty - we had a couple of things to choose from (waffles, toast, fruit, ham, eggs, coffee etc.) and all of them were quite good and available all the time. nice personnel as well. we enjoyed the night that we stayed here and we'd definitely come back!

Room Tip: #102 leaves nothing to complain about!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank illbetrippin

Muscatine, Iowa
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Staff were all friendly. Room was clean. Beds were not as comfortable as some Comfort Inn and Suites. Good warm breakfast but the hotel was full and we went to breakfast when a crowd was there and where breakfast is set up it got crowded. If in the area again we would stay again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JoAnn A

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We like this hotel for it is close to the interstate and close to the family that we go there to visit. I had to go online to order our rooms. They wouldn't give me the same price over the phone ( I don't understand why).We were there when the bad ice storm hit and I really liked that they bused their maids to the hotel for at least a few hours. I didn't need service in my room so it was no big deal to me, if we needed towels we just went down stairs. The laundry is $1.50 for the washer and $1.50 for the dryer ( .75 but need to turn it on twice to dry all of your clothes). The guys were nicer this time than the last time I was there in early January (that I didn't leave a comment about on trip advisor)..I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank alicia L
Miroj R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Alicia ,

StandardReport
Alabama
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My room was clean. There were a couple of blemishes in bathroom, wallpaper torn a little, but so what. The Bedroom was just great. Microwave and refrigerator convenient. Overall a good value -- helpful staff. Nice motel I'd stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank alabama-dad-9
Miroj R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for time and comment regarding your stay with us. it was very helpful and encouraging to our entire staff and management. we will be working even harder to make your future stay even better and pleasant. There is always room for improvement and we will certainly look into it and take care of it .thank you
comfort suites.
mobile al
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

good staff and variety in breakfast comfortable bed and desk clerk very helpful and friendly. went out of the way to help me out in choosing restaurants and giving directions.nice business center with 24/7 internet access.
i will certainly be back again to same location .i am fully satisfied with every dollar i spent to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: all the room are well maintained.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 769sml
Miroj R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
thank you for taking your time in reviewing your stay at our hotel
your review will be very much uplifting and encouraging to our staff to perform even better
and hope to satisfy you with better customer service in near future.