“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Drury Inn Mobile

Drury Inn Mobile
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed November 2, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night whilst on a road trip from Orlando on the way to Memphis. We went in to enquire about a room and the guy on reception was very helpful and friendly and we even managed to get a discount!
The room was king non smoking and was a good size and very clean. The guy on reception even gave us a call just to check the room was ok, which was a nice touch.
Loved the complimentary bar in the evening, we had 3 free drinks and there were some free nachos too.
There are quite a few restaurants near by including an O'Charlies which is right next door.
The free breakfast was probably one of the best I have had in a hotel with eggs, sausage, bacon and waffles.
Really liked this hotel and would definitely stay again if I was passing that way!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 7, 2008

My husband does alot of work in the Mobile area so he stays here alot. I usually go up on the weekends to see him. The staff always makes me feel like part of their family. I read some posts about the rooms being too small..I don't find they are that small...and are comparable to most other hotels I have been to. We always get a smoking/king room on the 4th floor. My only complaint is that they only have 1 elevator and it is VERY slow. Pets are welcome, but they don't have a large pet walk area...actually they have NO pet walk area...lol
The breakfast is above average in my opinion. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, fresh fruit, gravy ,biscuits...a waffle maker. What more can you expect for free??
They also offer fresh popped popcorn in the evening as well as soft drinks...and an open bar from 5:30-7:00pm.
The lobby is beautiful...and ALL the staff is very friendly and helpful. I love Mrs Barbara, Tiffiny , Karen & Alicia. Ask for any of them and they will see to it that your needs are met!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Stayed at this Hotel and enjoyed the hospitality. My family and I evacuated from Beaumont, Tx. beacause of Hurricane Ike. The staff at this hotel was very nice and friendly. Love the free breakfast, and the atmosphere. Everything we ask for we got. This hotel staff treated us like family. I had to go back to Beaumont but my wife and two sons stayed and I felt they were in good hands. Special thanks to Barbara Jackson, Michelle, James, Linda, Tiffany, Alcia and can't forget Josey.

The smith and Isom family

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2008

This hotel is you get what you pay for. It is fair, but clean. The breakfast is horrible - powdered eggs. When the attended cleaned my room - she would leave the window open. Construction right next door, too.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My wife and daughter and grandaugther just got back from Mobile after a 4 day stay. We were very pleased with the accomodations.- room was well kept and clean, quiet, but average in size, bathroom was small but cleanliness gets an A.

The breakfast bar each morning was excellent and the free drink passes each day was a Plus. The staff was very friendly and the service was a B plus. The maid service was slow on 1 occasion to clean the room- about 430 PM.

Parking is very private and the pool and spa area are above average.

The only negative I would post is the traffic around the hotel. You need to be patient to get around the area-quite congested. However, the hotel is convenient to malls and restaurants.

I would recommend the hotel. i would stay at the Drury in the future

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I booked one night in this hotel because I was scheduled to take my NCLEX exam the next morning, and the testing center is walking distance from The Drury Inn. The hotel is very conveniently located to many restaurants and shopping, too.

Check-in was fast and easy. The room seemed a bit cramped for two adults and one child. We're not used to full-sized beds and felt they were too small.

The room was very clean, and all staff we came in contact with were pleasant. We enjoyed the free cocktails and snacks that evening, too! The next morning they offered a free breakfast, and that's a very good amenity.

Overall, however, I felt the total of cost of $150. was too high for the place. I called the day before check-in to see if anyone was using the pool and the man that answered the phone said yes, it was heated.

Well, it was way too chilly to swim and sit around outside, so we didn't even attempt it.
The refrigerator in our room didn't cool anything, either, and the heat was hard to adjust, cool air was blowing no matter how high we set the thermostat.

I can't say if we'd stay there again. The freebies were great, and without them, we sure wouldn't stay there again. There is a Hilton next door, and I'm sure that both hotels are priced competitively. I'd probably go for the Hilton at that price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2007

We stayed here while in Mobile for Pompeii exhibit at science museum (Great) and visit to
Bellingrath Gardens (beautiful even in COLD
and rainy weather) We had been a little concerned as website mentioned construction, which turned out to be hotel being built next door. Our rooms were on other side and we found the property in excellent condition alike ther Drury Inns we have stayed at. This is a excellent chain.
However, what made this place great was staff-especially desk clerk Gerald Bronson-
hope I have name right. He was great giving direcions, offering insight, and even chiding us for eating at chain restaurant instead of local Mobile seafood house. He sure went out of the way to provide GREAT customer service. He
remembered my mother-in law's name every time he saw her which impessed her greatly.
We, alike a previous reviwer, found Mobile residents and most all southern Alabamans to be incredibly sincerely friendly and helpful.
When in Mobile, check out Fairhope across bay. Neat town with art galleries, upscale shops, etc.

Stayed: April 2007