Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Tampa, Florida
“Dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I see the reviews giving this place good marks, but, you must have been staying somewhere different than my wife stayed last night. First, she had to go looking for the desk clerk, who was out in the parking lot talking with the people hanging out there. She had to look at 3 different rooms before she found one which was clean enough to accept. It still smelled old, musty and dirty, though. She had to clean and sanitize the bathroom and kitchette. The carpet was sticky. Bed smelled dirty. She had to sanitize it. Drawers in dresser were broken. All rooms have outside entrances, so less secure. Right on the Interstate so there was loud road noise all night. And then there are the her guests... She said she appeared to be the only woman there. Parking lot activity went on all night. Doors slamming, horns blowing. She got maybe 3 hours sleep. I told her to move out and we'll find her another place. Just because we have to travel on a budget does not mean we will put up with a dirty, UNSAFE, NOISY place like this. If I could have given this a negative score, I would have. This is a place to avoid!

Room Tip: Take the second floor so you are not right on the parking lot. It will be a little safer.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank raymond w
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Raymond – Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the noise levels, odors and the level of cleanliness in your wife’s room. Please know, I am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and guest protocol so that issue does not affect our future guests.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Older hotel comes with great management and staff. Clean rooms, even had a place to grill outside. Highly recommend staying at this location. Hope the manager and Kisha the housekeeper made me feel like family while I was staying here.

• Stayed February 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have to stay here because I was traveling with a pet. Oh my goodness! NEVER AGAIN! The room was so filthy! I end with allergies all week and I even stayed only one night. The pillows smell like they were wet. The air conditioning was so noisy. It seemed that the mattress was very old because you could see the uneven of it over the sheets. The surrounding areas of the hotel were piled with trash and cigarets butts. After this, I will never stay in this line of hotels.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank MSbet
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you felt our rooms were dirty. I met with the staff, and we will continue working hard to ensure that this is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I would like to take time to give thanks for the great service I received while staying at the extended stay america Mobile..The rooms are always clean and tidy and the hospitality guest service team is great'..Hope ,Demetria ,Raven Jackie and the rest of the team over there really gets the job done ' thanks for everything.......

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darrell W
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are very pleased we were able to make you feel right at home. .Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

VERY UNCLEAN, VERY UNSAFE, Smelled Unsanitary inspite of changing rooms, even questioned taking a shower. Had we not been traveling so far, and I question if we would have received a refund had we gone to another hotel, we would Not have stayed. My husband and I slept in shifts till morning to continue our journey. We have stayed in Many hotels, This Was the Absolute WORST and Very Overpriced, inspite of making reservations Online and 800# Simultaniously.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank BBBDD
. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you felt unsafe and that our rooms were unclean. Please accept my apology. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at msh @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I landed in New Orleans and had a long drive through the rain to reach the hotel in Mobile. I was promptly greeted and checked in. I entered my room to find a large refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker with coffee, breakfast bar, table, and chair with ottoman. There was also a large modern flat screen TV with a good selection of channels. We were very pleased. We woke up the next morning to breakfast which offered several types of Quaker granola bars, hot oatmeal (several varieties), several kinds of fruit, oatmeal bars, and banana nut, chocolate, and blue berry muffins. They had hot chocolate to drink, and very good Columbian or Arabic coffee with regular, French vanilla or Hazelnut creamers.
The Hotel was strategically located on historic Springhill Rd. in the heart of one of Mobiles great old neighborhoods. In fact, a couple of miles up Springhill is Mobile Municipal Park which hosts the Mobile Art Museum and the Botanical Gardens. You are also near the University of Alabama. You are at an interstate Exit so you can travel up about a mile on the interstate to the Airport Blvd Exit and there you will find two malls, Sam's, and Wall Mart down the service road. If you have a few days, the world famous Bellingraph Gardens and Home, and the Battle Ship USS Alabama is a must. Seafood is what Mobile is famous for, so they have a multitude of options available. You must also drive through the old historic neighborhoods downtown, and make sure you visit the IMAX and learning area for children. The hotel is in a perfect location to visit all of these attractions.
I must say that the staff was friendly, helpful, and facilitated my every request. They had free Wi Fi, and very good customer service to insure you were connected. My next visit to Mobile will include this hotel for me and my family.

Room Tip: Request first floor facing the entrance
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Naplestravelers
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear such positive feedback about our staff and hotel.Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
fort walton beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I came to Mobile, AL and stayed here. The staff was so sweet and helpful. The rooms were very clean and so were the grounds. I wasn't familiar with the area and the staff was more than willing to help me with directons. Great location right off the interstate. If you are coming through Mobile I highly recommend staying here! Great location, staff, and price!

• Stayed September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.