“Sherry Lisa Very friendly personnel”

Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I enjoyed this visit overall, Aug., 2013, due to the quiet, clean atmosphere of the room and the friendly people who worked there.
The upholstered chair and ottoman next to my bed could have been dry cleaned to remove the spots. Didn't sit on it, however. Sat on bed on clean linen & watched tv. Felt safer. I would have liked ice trays in the frig to put in my almost warm soda and being able to watch HGTV & sometimes, The Food Channel. Would have preferred more movie channels, like tcm and hbo.

The bathroom & towels were clean and I didn't mind taking a shower. Could barely see the miniature round bar of soap w/which to clean. Glad I brought toiletries this time.

During visit in May, 2013, would have liked housekeeping to clean room & add fresh linen during the 4 days that I stayed there on Springhill Ct.,(near Springhill Ave.), Mobile, AL. Felt safer during both visits being in close proximity to business that I had to visit that week, esp. while traveling alone.
Would have stayed elsewhere at a hotel with better assortment of tv channels if I was more aware of the area and if I could have gotten a comparable price.

Room Tip: Don't expect housekeeping services unless you stay at least 7 days according to the housekeeper...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sherry C
Manager M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Mobile - Spring Hill

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I rarely give poor reviews to hotels, but this hotel warrants it. Check in/out was fine and the staff was friendly. The staff wasn't the problem. The room, and other guests, were the problem.

I'll start with the room. This room needed some severe attention. The carpet was filthy and our feet were black, yes black, with dirt 20 minutes after taking off our shoes and socks. While the bed was comfortable, the sheets were not that clean and the pillow cases had something on them. The bathroom tub leaked and the mirror in the bathroom was falling off the brackets. The kitchen had minimal utensils. It did not have pots or pans and only 2 plates, 2 cups, 2 bowls, and 1 fork and no spoons. The refrigerator was in need of good scrub because leftover crumbs were left in it. I cleaned it myself. When I sent my son down to get dishsoap to wash the dishes he was told they were out so I used laundry detergent.

Now, on to the other guests....I don't really even know where to start. Apparently locals use this as an apartment instead of a hotel. Every time my son or I walked outside to retrieve something from the car there were people, possibly drunk judging by the number of beer bottles, standing on the outside walkway yelling obscenities or cat calling other people and us. It was so bad that I wouldn't allow my son to go outside on his own to get something from the front desk. Every night, usually around 10pm, some very loud women were talking about how good their man was to them last night, or just a few minutes ago, in front of our door. These people had no consideration for any other guests who may be trying to get their kids calmed down or keep them asleep. On our last night, some jerk was honking his horn at 4:30am in the parking lot. I heard several people open their doors and yell obscenities at the driver. Dozens of beer bottles were lined up on the hallways each morning. They were gone at the end of the day, but magically new ones appeared each morning and I don't mean 1 or 2 bottles. There were several dozen.

In short, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank saustin

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad stay . Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank dissatisfiedcx43

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The room was a little worn. The property needs updating. Room lacked eating utensils. Owners or corporate needs to invest in updates.
That being said, the personnel on staff were phenomenal. Friendly, courteous, accommodating, helpful, informative and really worked hard to make me feel like a welcome guest. Any request or question was acted on with an enthusiasm not often seen.
Kudos and thank you to Raven and Jackie and others whose names I dont know, for making my visit to Mobile very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I'm thrilled that our staff made you feel so welcomed. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed here many times. The bed is comfortable, and the rooms are OK, but showing some signs of wear. The staff is friendly and helpful. The internet is horrible - absolutely NEVER works. Television used to be horrible, also, but recently got much better. I'd recommend this, but only if you don't want to watch TV or have an alternate means of accessing the internet.

Room Tip: Third floor are less lived in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the internet was so slow. We have updated the internet since your stay.Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was filthy. I would not have stayed but it was late and I was too tired to try to find another hotel. The refrigerator had black mold on the gasket and pink bacterial growth on the hinges. The carpet was greatly stained. There was stained rings on the counter tops. I slept with spiders in my bed. The walls had that yellowish film on them. Overall it was disgusting. I had room 221 in Mobile, AL. if you want to send someone to look. I paid for the upgraded internet that didn't work. I was told another guest had the access in his room and he kept unplugging it. I called tech support. It worked for a while. I left to eat, came back and it did not work again. I gave up. I really dislike paying for something and not getting what I pay for. This included the internet and the room. Having said all that. I use this chain mostly and this is the first time I was not satisfied but actually disgusted and angry. The front desk person was very nice. I asked for a third floor room in my reservation but got a second floor room. I was told they were nearly full.

Room Tip: There was nothing really great about this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl M

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your room and internet is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very unreliable internet service. I spent many hours on the phone with the internet supplier instead of the staff doing it. I believe it has something to do with the night stand fluorescent lighting interfering with the wifi. No pool. They have a breakfast on the go in the morning which gets a C- rating.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the persons name and a confirmation number and time the room will be ready.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am sorry to hear that the Internet was so slow. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we have upgraded the internet to ensure your experience is not repeated. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.