“Both First and Laststay here”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Arab, Alabama
“Both First and Laststay here”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Front Desk personnel were friendly upon arrival. Common area was well kept, and somewhat inviting. When entering my room, my initial thoughts were about as expected. Typical Fairfield Inn, then I connected to the Internet, I have had dial up which was faster. I then noticed a lot of hairs from recent guests in the carpet in the area at the vanity/sink.I also found some in the corners of the bathroom area. Ok that stuff don't freak me out too badly. I did feel a little uncomfortble when I noticed that the electrical outlet was at the edge of the mattress and that the cords seemed to be bent at a 90 degree angle so that they could be plugged and yet allow the mattress to remain in it's spot.
One thing that does really bother me is trying to sleep with outside noise. I am a very light sleeper and carry a sound machine with me to help block outside noises. Well I am writing this review as I listen to the sounds of I-65 over my soundmachine at 11:15 pm. I am hoping that doubling my Ambien is not an overdose issue, as I have a meeting tomorrow morning, but sleep will be pressing tonight.
Again, it is a typical older hotel room, which is fine, but I think I will pass and spend a few extra bucks for a better nights sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from the Interstate if road noise disturbs you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We depend on our Guests comments and feedback and use them as training tools at all times. I can assure you that I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and we will certainly pass your comments on to the rest of the staff. Regarding the east end of the building, we do have regular Guests that request to be housed on the west end of the building. Based on occupancy, we certainly would have tried to relocate your room upon request. We certainly hope that you will return to visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I traveled to this hotel for a weekend away with my boyfriend and was more than unimpressed upon my arrival. When I arrived to check in, the girl at the front desk was too busy gossiping with another associate to check me in so I stood there annoyed for a few minutes before she finally decided I was worth paying attention to. Strike one. I get to the room and immediately I start sneezing so I decided to check the filters in the air conditioner and found them to be broken and mangled - they were serving no purpose at all. Strike two. I slept fine that night after taking an antihistamine. Went to breakfast which was packed, I don't blame the hotel for this but what I do blame them for is not staffing enough people to keep the area stocked. It's simple, if you are having a busy weekend, have two people work. I'll let this one go though, maybe someone called out sick. We left the hotel to go site seeing all day and had a great time. Had some of the best barbeue I've ever had in my life (The Brick Pit, featured on Man vs. Food on the Food Network)! Got back to the hotel late that evening to find the housekeeper left her cleaning rag on the bathroom vanity!!!!!! I was outraged. I calmly went to the front desk to return the cleaning rag and was met with no apology, no offer to take anything off of my room.. NOTHING! This hotel is in major need of some leadership changes!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joy K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear I_heart_travel_772,
I appreciate you taking time to write a review on your experience here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites from your stay in September 2012. I am however concerned that it was 3 months after your visit when you decided to make your comment. As a new General Manager in September, I would have given immediate and urgent attention to the matters that you described. I can certainly assure you that since your last visit, we have done a tremendous amount ot training and changing here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We are constantly striving to make each and every guest comfortable by providing exceptional service and cleanliness 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We certainly hope that you will return to our property and let us show you that we do provide True Southern Hospitality.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel was:
People very nice - front desk people were very helpful with directions to restaurant
Breakfast was good - very well maintained service excellent
Room was clean & well maintained
Bathroom well furnished and clean
I would stay there again
Good value

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ffigm50, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Mobile. We certainly appreciate the compliments and can assure you that we share these with our Staff on a regular basis. We look forward to serving you again with True Southern Hospitality.
Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room was decent, seemed older with new furnishings and color. I am Marriott rewards member but still got the room right next to the ice machine. Unfortunately it was Friday night and as usual some people don't care how many beers they have but still act the fool in the hallways at 0200. What lesson did I learn? Send just a bit more and hopefully that won't happen again. The room was clean and the breakfast was "ok." If I return to mobile for business I will choose a different hotel. In closing staff was very nice and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay with us. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while our guest. As a Marriott Rewards Member, please make note on your profile a request for "away from ice machine and elevator". As always, if occupancy permits, we try to accommodate all requests form our Guests. We appreciate your business and do hope that you will return in the future.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've stayed in Mobile a dozen times. I always try to use Marriott for points. Last time I tried the Residence Inn, which was nice, but needed two beds instead of one so chose the Fairfield Inn. The shower in the room was clogged, so filled up quickly when taking a shower. The air stayed on constantly to keep the room cool, but gave the room a damp feeling. The computer in the lobby was broken the entire time so couldn't print my airline tickets. To get to the fitness center you have to pass the pool, which has a strong chemical smell to it. Not bad when swimming maybe, but when running on a treadmill your lungs begin to burn after awhile. Can't be healthy. Everything else was average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while our Guest. We would also like to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading several areas of the hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Birmingham
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my two kids and wife last weekend. We had a wonderful experience. Room was clean and neat. Bathroom looked new. Breakfast was excellent. Front desk was excellent. On Sunday morning (Jul 22), both breakfast area and front desk were handled by one person. I was surprised by her extraordinary ability to do this. She (name:Andr..) was kind, polite and attentive. Despite being busy with these two duties, she was very attentive to our needs such as obtaining directions to Gulf Shores etc. I think special people like her make hotel stays more comfortable. We did not hear any noise from I-65, we had a good night sleep. However, we had some difficulty finding the hotel as the address was not in our GPS (old version). We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mytrip100
Madison, AL
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Hampton Inn and Suites was a nice hotel. It was clean and my interactions with , though brief was pleasant. The location is excellent.

But, and this is a big but because I really wanted some sound sleep. I-65 is outside your window and traffic is heard all night. Looking at the other reviews I do not see any mention of the traffic noise. I am not an especially light sleeper or an especially deep sleeper but I heard traffic all night (Actually, my wife noticed it also). It could have been the weather; no idea but it was noticeable. And once again, maybe it was me or the weather pattern but if you are a light sleeper bring some earplugs. The hotel sits perpendicular to the highway so I do not think it matters where your room is. There is no backside to the hotel. I even checked the window to make sure it was closed tightly. We were on the second floor towards the middle of the hotel. The traffic noise was not unbearable; it reminded me of when I lived in Atlanta for a few years off of I-85 or when I visit family in large cities. It is just noticeable. However, I live in the burbs now and like quiet. So just a heads up those who are not used to traffic background noise. Bring some earplugs. (Come to think of it I had some in my toiletry bag and should have used them!)

Wi-Fi was good. Televisions were high def. Water was warm. Room was clean. No noise from the other rooms. So, there is my sandwich; good - complaint -good.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family