“Average”

Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Alabama
“Average”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room was decent, seemed older with new furnishings and color. I am Marriott rewards member but still got the room right next to the ice machine. Unfortunately it was Friday night and as usual some people don't care how many beers they have but still act the fool in the hallways at 0200. What lesson did I learn? Send just a bit more and hopefully that won't happen again. The room was clean and the breakfast was "ok." If I return to mobile for business I will choose a different hotel. In closing staff was very nice and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ffigm50, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay with us. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while our guest. As a Marriott Rewards Member, please make note on your profile a request for "away from ice machine and elevator". As always, if occupancy permits, we try to accommodate all requests form our Guests. We appreciate your business and do hope that you will return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've stayed in Mobile a dozen times. I always try to use Marriott for points. Last time I tried the Residence Inn, which was nice, but needed two beds instead of one so chose the Fairfield Inn. The shower in the room was clogged, so filled up quickly when taking a shower. The air stayed on constantly to keep the room cool, but gave the room a damp feeling. The computer in the lobby was broken the entire time so couldn't print my airline tickets. To get to the fitness center you have to pass the pool, which has a strong chemical smell to it. Not bad when swimming maybe, but when running on a treadmill your lungs begin to burn after awhile. Can't be healthy. Everything else was average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while our Guest. We would also like to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading several areas of the hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Birmingham
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my two kids and wife last weekend. We had a wonderful experience. Room was clean and neat. Bathroom looked new. Breakfast was excellent. Front desk was excellent. On Sunday morning (Jul 22), both breakfast area and front desk were handled by one person. I was surprised by her extraordinary ability to do this. She (name:Andr..) was kind, polite and attentive. Despite being busy with these two duties, she was very attentive to our needs such as obtaining directions to Gulf Shores etc. I think special people like her make hotel stays more comfortable. We did not hear any noise from I-65, we had a good night sleep. However, we had some difficulty finding the hotel as the address was not in our GPS (old version). We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mytrip100
Madison, AL
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Hampton Inn and Suites was a nice hotel. It was clean and my interactions with , though brief was pleasant. The location is excellent.

But, and this is a big but because I really wanted some sound sleep. I-65 is outside your window and traffic is heard all night. Looking at the other reviews I do not see any mention of the traffic noise. I am not an especially light sleeper or an especially deep sleeper but I heard traffic all night (Actually, my wife noticed it also). It could have been the weather; no idea but it was noticeable. And once again, maybe it was me or the weather pattern but if you are a light sleeper bring some earplugs. The hotel sits perpendicular to the highway so I do not think it matters where your room is. There is no backside to the hotel. I even checked the window to make sure it was closed tightly. We were on the second floor towards the middle of the hotel. The traffic noise was not unbearable; it reminded me of when I lived in Atlanta for a few years off of I-85 or when I visit family in large cities. It is just noticeable. However, I live in the burbs now and like quiet. So just a heads up those who are not used to traffic background noise. Bring some earplugs. (Come to think of it I had some in my toiletry bag and should have used them!)

Wi-Fi was good. Televisions were high def. Water was warm. Room was clean. No noise from the other rooms. So, there is my sandwich; good - complaint -good.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Clean, cheap, great bed and sheets/pillows, a nice breakfast, and a lovely little pool/jaccuzi.

Only complaint was that it was VERY hard to find. We drove around for more than 30 minutes. My GPS maps are from 2010, and the roads/area the hotel is in wasn't on there, and since we didn't have the hotels phone number, we had to drive around and ask for directions. (we are europeans travelling in the US with no phone access on this particular day).

Breakfast was good, and staff was friendly.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ffigm50, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for the very kind review, it's nice to know we helped make your trip across the USA a good one. I would like to make a suggestion that I think will help get you to your destination without having problems. When you make your reservation either online or by phone you can go to the Hotel website and print driving directions. The phone number will also be provided so you can call if you have any problems. Again thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Mobile and we hope to see you again.
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed March 22, 2012

staff was very friendly and responsive to my needs. The room was clean, the breakfast was good for buffett style.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KB232013
ffigm50, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy day to send us the kind words they mean the world to our staff here at the Fairfield Inn in Mobile Alabama. Our goal is to give every customer Great Southern Hospitality!!!
Houston
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Good: Nice breakfast. Very Friendly staff. Clean Room. Relatively convenient to I-10 and Mobile. Quiet room. Nice guests.

Bad: a bit Hard to get to from I-65. Even though it's visible from the highway you have to wind around a bit to get there. Front door has one of those glassed in security locks which makes you wonder a bit about the safety of the neighborhood. We had no security problems however even though we left some luggage in the car in full view so maybe it's okay. Pool was out of order too. The sign looked like it had been out of order for a while. However, guests were permitted to use the pools next door of the two other Marriott properties. Sloow elevator for a three storey property.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Clean and Friendly are two words we love to hear about our hotel, thank you for the great review. I do agree with you on the dificulty of traveling to our hotel from I-65 onto the service road, if you are not familar with service roads it can be confusing. We are happy that you took the time to make the trip and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. When you do please call ahead and mention this review and we will be honored to have you stay plus we would like to extend an upgrade to you if available.