All reviews top floor sky lounge front desk mardi gras dauphin street mobile bay the hotel staff parking garage historic district bars and restaurants i highly recommend this hotel government street room was large hotel room southern hospitality mobile alabama cruise terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2019

This is a decent hotel and a short walk to the historic area. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, but the HVAC was very noisy. Also, it took 3 minutes to get hot water in the sink to wash my hands. I was told this was because I was on the 15th floor. Other than that, this was a comfortable stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank P F B
Reviewed March 26, 2019

We were told by our running buddies this is the place to stay for the race. Only 2 blocks from the starting line and the finish line is across from the hotel parking lot. We were greeted in a very friendly manner at the front desk and the front desk clerk explained everything about the hotel while she was giving us our room keys. The one thing I loved about her giving our keys is she did not announce what floor we were going to be on our the room number as I have asked for another room at another hotel for the desk clerk doing this. We stayed on the 14th floor and the view was magnificent! We saw a Carnival cruise liner come in on Saturday morning and the lights at night were breathtaking. We had a room with a view of the bay and could see for miles. The bed was comfortable and I loved the layout of the room. I also liked we had a thermostat on the wall for our air and heat. Soft towels and everything you needed in the room! When we left for the run, we came back and the room was spick and span! We had breakfast in the restaurant downstairs by the lobby and the food was really good. We will definitely stay here again as everyone was so willing to help out and we wanted for nothing! Quiet, too!

Room tip: call the hotel to see if they have any specials before you book.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlabamaBarb
Reviewed March 22, 2019

While it is apparent that this is an older facility, it was fine given that we only stayed overnight (once each way on a recent road trip). It had everything one might reasonably expect from a basic hotel, although the no-free-breakfast was mildly irritating.

Some fellow-traveler hints: (1) if you have to cross Government Street next to the hotel in the evening, be sure to do so on a cross street that has a signal since the traffic leading to the Mobile Bay tunnel is horrible and Alabama drivers seemingly don't know that you're not supposed to block intersections; (2) take a walk around downtown Mobile if you have chance - I was surprised at the nice parks, etc.; and (3) stop at the gas-station-and-so-much-more Buc-ee's about 25 miles east of Mobile (you'll see their signs) - Alabamans have obviously discovered this formerly Texas-only institution.

Room tip: The building is round, so they're all about the same
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Hi Got2TXaFaIC,

Thank you for staying and sharing your candid comments with us. Our goal is to provide you with a great experience at our location. I'm very concerned to see that this did not happen, and I would like to apologize for the any inconvenience you had with the overall condition at our hotel.

The feedback you have provided gives us the opportunity to continually improve our service and is appreciated. If you do decide to return and grant us another opportunity to host you, which I sincerely hope that you do, please reach out to our manager on duty. We will do our utmost best to make sure that your stay is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Best,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is in need of a serious update, especially on some of the amenities. The lobby is nice, clean, and updated. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and responsive; Heidi was especially wonderful. The parking is very limited and I snagged what seemed to be the absolute last spot available at 8pm on a Tuesday night.

The rooms are just ok and also in need of a renovation. The sink in my room would not drain and I had no hot water. When I called the front desk to report this at 10:30pm, maintenance had left for the day and I had to move rooms. Again, the staff was absolutely lovely and apologetic, brought the key to me, and checked out the room before I moved. However, maintenance at this spot is a mess.

The fitness center also needs a complete revamp. Both treadmills did not work, the ellipticals were outdated and did not alter elevation. The only thing that worked was the bike and the free weights.

I do like that every room has a fridge and microwave, though someone had left an old glass of orange juice in my fridge that looked as if it had been there for some time. Rooms have extra plugs and USB ports on the bedside table, which is always a nice amenity. Bath amenities are Bath & Body Works, but they are coconut scented which is a very divisive scent.

It is a great location in downtown Mobile but with other choices around, I won't be staying here again unless I have absolutely have to.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank EP862
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Hi EP862,

Thank you for your candid review. Every time you stop in one of our hotels anywhere around the globe, you’re part of our extended family. We’re waiting to welcome, excite and reward you. It is disappointing to learn that the trouble with parking and the lapses with the amenities caused a cloudy impact on your stay. We're here to give you more of what you deserve and we do not intend to cause any distress. On the lighter note, I am happy that the condition of the lobby and the convenience of USB ports was regarded highly. We wish to big when it comes to our exceptional service and I am glad we were able to showcase this successfully. To refresh some areas in our property is a good idea and will make sure to loop this on future enhancements. Observations mentioned helps us distinguished the things we need to improve to attain satisfaction from our valued guests. I have relayed this to the relevant departments and I am positive this will be included in our time to time evaluations.

I hope you will give us another chance to deliver the joy of travel.

Happy to assist,

Clarisse S.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 21, 2019

We stayed here for an event at The Carnival Museum. Conveniently, it is literally across the street. The hotel is also within walking distance of several fine dining restaurants in Mobile. We dined at Southern National and Dauphin's wich are a few blocks away. This area was safe at night and there were other people walking, shopping, and dining. Check in was smooth, and I rented three rooms. All rooms were clean and had a great view of Mobile. Coffee service is Keurig. There is a mini fridge and a microwave. There is no room safe. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were quiet for sleeping without any hallway noise. The room is large for a standard room. There is no closet , just a few hangers on a small shelf in the bath area. The bathroom was clean and very reminiscent of Holiday Inns in the 60's. The plumbing worked without a problem. The Skyview Lounge on the top floor is great. Great view and standard liquor drinks, nothing really top shelf. It is a great place to have a drink and unwind. I do not know if they serve food. The parking lot is small and overflow goes across the street into a municipal garage. When we stayed, the hotel was full, so parking in the lot was premium - when you got a place, you did not leave. This is a great location in downtown Mobile. We look forward to our return.

Room tip: Top floors have great views
  • Trip type: Traveled with family