“Great Service”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed July 18, 2014

From the moment we walked in Susie delivered outstanding service to my family and myself...Each time I called the front desk to ask any questions she was always pleasant. I was also happy to see that there were smoking rooms in the hotel and a really nice longe on the 17th fl...I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon N
Lisa C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge one of our very best associates, Suzie. She truly cares about our customers and does whatever she can to make our guests feel welcome. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is a gem in downtown Mobile. While the exterior architecture shows it's an older building, as soon as you walk in you are wowed by what looks like a brand new hotel. The recent multi-million dollar renovation shows where it counts. The lobby furniture and fixtures are nice touches. The rooms are nice and spacious, and the bed was VERY comfortable. If you need a drink and some jazz make sure you visit the Sky View lounge.

Make sure you get a chance to speak with Maura. She's there to make your stay perfect. The printer in the business center was out of ink and she went well out of her way to make sure I was able to print what I needed for a meeting. This was a nice change from other hotels who just give you the ole "Sorry, there's a FedEx Kinkos down the street". I will be back down in Mobile in August, and I won't be staying anywhere else but here because of the service, location and price of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank marriedman410

I am so glad that Maura took wonderful care of you. I am thankful for you being our guest and for taking the time to post a review. I love the feedback. We look forward to your return visit next month. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I wanted to share my appreciation for the outstanding service from the staff.
Maura (VIP) Has always gone above and beyond to make us feel like family and to make sure we have every thing needed. She even went as far as to set me up with the Harley Davidson rental department on the only day off I had. This lady is so nice that she was willing to drive me over there to make sure I received the best service possible. Thank you Maura for going above and beyond.
I would like to thank the entire staff for being some of the friendliest people ever. (on an average I stay in these hotels 40 weeks a year). Two other staff members that I think need to be recognized are Susie and Faye. If Susie is working the desk at your time of check in or out rest assured your in good hands. She will meet you with an amazing smile. If there is something you want to do just ask and she will point you in the right direction. Faye works the restaurant. If your looking to laugh ask if she is working. Some of the best time will be while your eating dinner. A must have is the Rib eye steak. Some of the finest cuts you will ever eat. My compliments to the Chef for cutting and preparing his own steaks.
Thanks again.
-WT-

Room Tip: Ask for the Radisson view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wayne T

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you for recognizing the team. I know Maura, Suzie, and Faye are thrilled that you singled them out for their great service. We all look forward to your many return visits. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2014

One review and tries to play "race card"....have stayed at this hotel numerous times and this person is way out of line. Staff is very helpful and this person is obviously trying to cause an issue. Might be from another hotel....

Stayed: July 2014
Lisa C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Your words are incredibly kind. Thank you for confirming that we have a great team. I continue to be proud of the service we provide to our guests. I appreciate you being a repeat customer and look forward to your return visits. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The front desk isnt friendly at all. They actually seemed a bit racist to a african american couple. Breakfast was nice the first and second day. (Ask For Lacy Or Tamika) The last day seemed as if they were trying to change rules to get extra money. But it was nice to have breakfast at a restaurant that serves orange juice in wine glasses! The rooms were very clean i was impressed. The left elevator kept breaking down. The maids are very nice. The view was great! Overall , If you can tolerate an unfriendly front dest, broken elevaters and the restaurant acting broke then this is your place. And pack light, they never have push carts avail for your luggage.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for being our guest. We have an incredibly kind, caring team so your words have shocked me. Our associates are in the business of providing hospitality and are proud of the service they provide. I certainly hope we can work out any misunderstanding as I have sent a personal message to you to gain more information. I am very sorry that your stay was anything less than perfect. I can be reached at any time by calling (251)694-0100. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Imagine being greeted with the smell of fresh flowers upon entering the lobby of a Holiday Inn! What elegant, charming hospitality too. The hotel is appointed in a way which is far beyond expectations. The entertainment district on Dauphin Street is only a short walk away and the staff is expert at drawing a guest's attention to the fine venues offered there. The restaurant on the top floor is exceptional. I would not stay anywhere else in Mobile and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Wow, we are grateful for your incredible review of our hotel. We have a wonderful team that loves to brag about our amazing city. I am glad we will be seeing you again in the future. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had several friends and a couple of family members recommend this hotel to me. I wish that I had done further research before booking the hotel. While the facilities are fantastic (beautiful lobby, great lounge area, comfortable beds, great pillows, excellent location), the cigarette smoke is beyond overwhelming. I stayed in the hotel one night. By the time that I left, my throat was raw, my eyes were puffy and I was having difficulty breathing. It made the following 2 weeks of travel difficult.

I absolutely love the lounge area on the 17th floor; however I wish more people knew it was family friendly until 9 pm. My sister's family missed seeing the incredible views because it was not relayed to them that it was family friendly. I think communication between the front desk and the guests is lacking.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were fantastic. The refrigerator and microwave was a great addition that I believe all hotels should have. The air conditioner worked well as well.

Bottom line: This hotel is great for smokers, but if you have even the slightest aversion or allergy to smoke find another place to stay. Its a shame that such a gem of a hotel has to be ruined by such a dangerous habit.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator as they can be noisy in the mornings due to the cleaning staff talking t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

First of all, thank you for selecting our hotel for your holiday. I am sorry about your allergies and the long recovery time. We do have one floor that is smoking (our sixth floor). I wish we would have assigned your room far from that floor. On Independence Day, we do make an exception for families to visit the Sky View Lounge during fireworks shows. The view is amazing. I'm sorry if that information was not communicated to your family. If you wish to give us a try next year for the holiday, we can certainly assign you to a high floor far away from any smoke.....call me directly for assistance. I am happy to help. Sincerely, Lisa Castagna, General Manager. (251)694-0100