“Perfect in every way!”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My son is in the military and just got home from duty overseas. His girlfriend surprised him with concert tickets at Soul Kitchen. After researching hotels I surprised them with a room and mailed a care package for their enjoyment. Maura Garino and Ashley were so helpful and went out of their way to help make my son feel welcome and special! My son said the hotel was amazing and was walking distance to the concert. I am so thankful for their hospitality!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Denise R,

Thank you for your "Perfect" review!!! It was our pleasure to set up the care package for your son. We hope that they enjoyed the concert and we're glad to know that they thought the hotel was Amazing!! Again, the staff would like to thank your son for his Military service. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time that you travel to Mobile.

Kind Regards,
Ashley Baggett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Customer service is the only thing that kept me from giving it a poor rating. Front desk was amazing and knowledgable and willing to go the extra mile, that is where the positives stop. The elevator and hallways smell of old fried food, even on the 14 th floor. The restaurant food was horrible, gumbo tasted like it had been microwaved to make it hot. I ordered the hamburger that is suppose to come with lettuce and tomato and what I got was a few strands of lettuce and the bottom un edible piece of tomato. The rooms are very generic and uncomfortable. Changing my reservation for two weeks to stay some where else.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin W.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are happy that you found our customer service to be "GREAT"! Our staff always strive to provide our guest with the best service possible. We apologize for the smell in the elevators and hallways. This matter has been addressed with housekeeping. As for the restuarant, that is a seperate entity. We are sorry for the less then desirable food you were served. We will be sure to show this review to the owner so that he can work to serve our guests better. We do hope that you will give our hotel another chance.

Kind Regards,
Jenny S.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The events associated with the group's reunion went off very well. The quality of the food at the dinners and brunch were satisfactory, and the hotel staff seemed to provide good service to our hospitality room. Ms. Maura Garino, VP of Public Relations and Development, met with some of our people to make sure we'd been receiving adequate service. I should say that we also appreciated the reception put on for us in the Skyview room.

So far as our own room went, it was OK. My only complaint was that the power outlet in the desk lamp didn't work properly, so when I used my laptop on the desk, I had to rely entirely on the computer's battery power, and then move it to recharge it elsewhere in the room. I reported this to housekeeping, but the problem wasn't solved during our visit.

Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to other groups planning a reunion in the Mobile area.

Thanks for your hospitality.

1 Thank Gerry Y
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Spent one night in Mobile at the HI. Warm welcome and acknowledged as Gold IHG Club Member - nice touch of voucher for any drink and one snack free from the shop. Hotel appeared very empty indeed so felt a bit strange. Rooms were basic - not much out of the usual HI offering. Included free wifi. Went up to bar at top of hotel for drinks and great views having been told it was open until 11pm (this was at 9pm) and found the place locked , empty and the lights off - wasn't at all impressed with this! Otheriwse a good choice for being in the centre of town

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear bazandbabs24,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
kings mountian, nc
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Attended a submarine crew reunion in October of 2013. I studied up on the reviews prior to arrival and was a little apprehensive - some guests had some specific areas they were not happy about and described them in detail. My concern was great enough that I wrote the hotel and received an immediate response from Ashely, who took the time to address each potential concern. I am pleased to say that my worries were groundless and all areas addressed by Ashley were correct as she described. The rooms were clean, quiet, and modern. The hotel did all they could to assure that our group of old submarine sailors were well taken care of. The front desk folks were as nice and helpful as they could be.

There is one area I will downgrade them on - food service - and only for the breakfast buffet. It was a bit high priced at $10 for the selection. As you may know, many other hotels provide breakfast gratis as part of your room fee, or at a very reasonable price. The food was good enough and hot, but nothing special. Beware beware beware though, watch your bill carefully. Like other restaurants I have visited, they charge an automatic 18% gratutity PLUS they leave a blank space for another tip. An unwary customer will 'tip on the tip'. Not too bad, I suppose, but the breakfast staff provided NOTHING in the way of service, other than bringing you your water or coffee. You serve and seat yourself. Eighteen percent was way out of line for service you did not receive, and then they have the intestinal fortitude to add a 'tip' line so that many less than attentive folks would tip even more. I blame the restaurant and hotel management for this lack of oversight. The restaurant staff was civil enough, but compared to the rest of the hotel, they were the least friendly of all encountered. Perhaps they just seemed a bit stiff in comparison to the other employees?

Overall, I would stay again and gladly, but I would have breakfast elsewhere.

Manteo, North Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Traveling to New Orleans, we stayed here for the night on a whim. Boy am I glad we chose this location. A great spot downtown with a lovely bar on the top floor. Extra friendly staff who were great at answering questions, giving directions and generally just conversing with us on a quiet night in the hotel. The martini's were a little larger than used to, so three were more than enough. If you're doing Mardi Gras, I can't imagine a better location. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Brandon,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us!!! I have passed along your kind words to our team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!!
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked the room for half price and it was completely with full price. Beds were great, Showers was good, bathroom was really small, The AC is industrial power and can cool the room down in seconds. The hotel was great, the pool is very small but nice, the exercise room is insufficient. The sky lounge has an amazing setup and view. The restaurant.... We had the breakfast one time and I was able to perform a drum solo with their waffles because they were so hard, the bacon was old, I would never eat their breakfast again. Other than the restaurant I would recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed October 2013