“Excellent Location - great cust service!”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here during our visit for the Monster Jam in July. It was great - within walking distance to both the colliseum and great restuarants downtown. Would defintely stay here again!! The price was comparable. It felt very safe when we were walking with plenty of law enforcement near the hotel on horseback & motorcycles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Checking in, we were met by Maura Garino, and she was nothing short of pleasant and Informative to me and my crew.
Lunch buffet next door at the restaurant was FANTASTIC. Easily a bargain at $10 for amazing food.
Location and openness of hotel provide for a great atmosphere.
Pool was perfect.
Thank you to this Holiday Inn for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My stay at the hotel was nothing less than fantastic. The front desk was extremely helpful at check-in. We were greated by Ms. Maura Garino in the lobby, and she made us feel right at home. The beds are comfortable and room size is nice. The location is also near a lot of restaurants and bars. The area is very safe. I am an airline employee and stay in hotel beds more than my own at home, and I am glad to say this is one of the best hotels around the US! I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived early for check in for a school reunion and was met with a smile.
Our room was ready so we checked in. We had a wonderful stay. The ballroom where the reunion was nice, catered food good. Will stay there again whether reunion or just a visit. Highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: 5th floor was quite. view faced busy street no noise. enjoyed it. just eat somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Rented room same as reunion site, good clean room fast check in, convenient parking, had large banquet room rented for 150+ people for 40th high school reunion. Food pretty good for such a large group. Overall good clean hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Ed W.

Thank you so much for your Great Review!!!! I will pass it along to the other departments and to the Chef. We look forward to you staying here with us again

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here many years ago when this was a run-down Sheraton, however the HI has been rennovated and remodeled and is absolutley perfect. Every clerk on the desk was helpful and spoke to me each time I came into the hotel. Rooms are large, and housekeeping was impecible. The only negative thing I could say, is that each day they authorized my credit card for that days stay. No issues with that, but 5 days after check out... the 4 PRE authorizations are still holding in my checking account, and the actual total charge has cleared my account as well. I think once the actual final charge clears, they should release all of the PRE authorizations. Just ties up your checking account for a few extra days. other than that... zero complaints.

Room Tip: Hotel is round... every room has a good view. Mine faced Government Street. The higher the floor, t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Essie65

Essie65,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We work really hard to make sure that every Guest has an Awesome stay. I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you had with you credit card, I have reviewed the proper procedure with the front desk staff to ensure that this issue does not arise again. If there is anything else that we can do for you please let us know.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Mobile Downtown for one night during vacation and had a great experience. The rooms are very clean and quite spacious. The pool is also very big for a hotel pool!

We were having some problems with our cell phone provider and had to make a long distance call. The receptionist, Gloria, was extremely helpful and she allowed us to use a phone where we wouldn't have to pay long distance fees. Gloria helped us greatly and she made our experience at both the hotel and Mobile more enjoyable. She is also very knowledgable about the city and restaurants!

Great hotel, pool and staff!

• Stayed: August 2013