“Really went the distance”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Fort Myers, Florida
“Really went the distance”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was very impressed with this establishment. I was expecting a low key, quick in and out stay on a road trip from Florida to Texas. The front desk really went above and beyond to make it a great experience. Erin offered me a free drink coupon from the bar, and called about 2 hours in to make sure everything was all right. It was. I didn't use the coupon but it was a nice thing for them to do. The room was average, with a nice view of Mobile. Nothing was out of order. For the price, a fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors= better views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Today 12/23 is my birthday, my girlfriend and I just drove from Tampa and are exhausted. We arrived without a reservation and were greeted with very pleasant and very professional Sonja at the front desk. We were checked in at a very reasonable price and made great conversation with Sonja along with getting a great dinner recomondation. I want to thank sonja and the rest of her staff for making our arrival and stay feel like we are regular guests. We will be back on our round trip.

P.s. the room is very clean and updated. No problem at all

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights ago and was very pleased with the hotel. I was first impressed by the size of the Holiday Inn and when we enters we were greeted by the front desk staff among them was Susan who made sure we had everything we needed for a pleasurable stay. I also met with Maura during afternoon and she recommended the in house restaurant as well as the Admiral next door. I chose to venture out and I'm glad I did I had a delectable meal there during a not so typical lunch buffet. I would love to suggest items on that we're served, however they vary the selections daily.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Overall it is a good place to stay. Parking could be a limitless inconvenienced. Parking lot gets full easily and you have to go across the street for to public parking. It is free because of your hotel stay but I still did not feel my car was secured. Other then that it is a nice place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a business traveler, and when I travel to Mobile, it's the Holiday Inn Downtown for me. Maura Garino has lead her entire staff in making the tired traveler really feel at home. Maura always is sure that I am satisfied with everything. All the staff are eager to help me and make me feel special. I look forward to my next stay and am sure you will feel the same after your first stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great location in the heart of downtown Mobile.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms look like they have been renovated lately.
The Skyview Lounge has one of the best views in town.
Overall, nice place

Room Tip: Better view on higher floors !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's a beautiful hotel that was recently renovated. The staff goes above and beyond to make it the best stay! The only bad thing I can say is there is still a little smell of smoke lingering in the hallway of my floor but my co worker who stay on a different floor said he had no smell of smoke so it might have just been someone on my floor smoking. Overall I will be back without a doubt and next time I'm coming with my family since the area around the hotel is adorable!

• Stayed November 2012