“Excellent hotel”

Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay in Mobile. I was there over the Memorial Day weekend and loved everything about it. The hotel is in a great downtown location and has a staff that goes the extra mile for all of its guests! And the rooms could not have been any nicer! I highly recommend this hotel and am looking so forward to going back as I am in Mobile often on business.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for business last week and loved my stay. The hotel is newly renovated and the staff was beyond welcoming and really made an effort to make sure my stay was a pleasant as possible. I am a traveler that stays in 3-4 hotels per week and this is by far one of the cleanest, nicest, and hospitable that I stay in. Great downtown location, too!!

A big thank you to the staff for making my stay an enjoyable one! Can not wait to return.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I arrived at the hotel right around 4 pm on a weekday....traffic was horrible there. The hotel sits on a corner where two streets meet...apparently Government Street is the main road when everyone gets off work...and also the road between hotel and parking garage...it was a mess. If you could get there early like 230 or 3pm and check in would be better...or else I recommend waiting out of the area until after 6 pm. The hotel has a parking lot right outside hotel, but limited space and heaven forbid you are going through parking lot and someone is coming opposite way...its a very tight squeeze...just fyi if you have a big SUV or Truck or something. I was told to just park out there, but there was no parking. I had to get a a voucher from hotel for parking garage...it took me about 30 minutes to go around the block and try to get in parking garage...just like I said traffic. It was very stressful, especially if you don't know the area...u just have to get some courage and cut someone off because traffic was bumber to bumber. Wish the hotel offered valet...most hotels do in downtown cities. Ok now moving on...the outside pool looked pretty cool, but I didn't get in because it had some algae growing on sides and dead bugs were floating in water. The hotel room was a nice size though with a great view.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank afmil03
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Me and my friend came in late Friday night around 1am to the lounge upstairs after going to several of the other downtown clubs. Most are just to loud, you cant even order a drink without screaming yourself hoarse. The music was loud enough to fill the background without inhibiting conversation. The view is amazing as well. Unfortunately within a few minutes of us coming in they were starting to shut down. The bartender Libby told us they had already had last call, but she said she would still let us get a drink. That right there speaks volumes about the service. Usually if its 20 minutes til closing you cant get anything as the bartenders just want to get out as quickly as possible. She was very respectful and friendly. Its a very welcoming lounge, with fantastic music. I will be coming back next time Im in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Pros: downtown location, sky lounge, beautiful main lobby, average rooms, front desk service was good

Cons: upper management service, double charged on my room, took forever to correct the overcharge, noisy, toilet issues,

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ManByTheSea
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My frist time staying in Mobile and love the hotel love the staff. The lunch buffet was the best. To have a fresh home cooked meal at a hotel is so unheard of. The VP even ate with us! Ms. Maura it was a pleasure doing business with you cant wait to come back with my family!

Room Tip: Every room is great and every room has a city view
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Recently stayed at hotel. V.P. of Public Relations, Ms Maura is the best. Im very impressed with the hospitality and appreciation that came from each and every employee. There is no other hotel that has ever treated me as part of their family, like the Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown did during my stay. 10+ STARS.