“loyal patron, but no smoking please”

Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“loyal patron, but no smoking please”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have been staying at Hampton Inns for years. We love the cleanliness, current decor, breakfast buffets, & shuttle service. I booked this hotel online as usual. However, all that was available was a smoking room. I think they were renovating some of their rooms, which limited availability. I read on the website that this is a "nonsmoking" hotel. Naively, I assumed this room would be ok. Big mistake! The room absolutely smelled like an ashtray. It was late checking in, so thought since it's only one night. Another big mistake! I have never had asthma, but did that night. I was so stopped up, I could hardly breathe. The next day I had the worst sinus drainage imaginable. The worst part is the pajamas I slept in reeked of smoke when I opened suitcase at our next stop. This is very worrisome to me. Staying at a hotel where people actually smoke in bed!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
dhickey924,
So sorry that you had encountered a smoking room. Although we do our best to eliminate smoke odors in our smoking guest rooms, the smoke smell is retained and will be offensive to a non smoker. We are not a smoke free property and should not be listed as one. We are a small size property and availability is limited at times. To help the availability on non-smoking rooms we are currently reducing the number smoking rooms in our inventory. We are also in the process of finishing our guestroom renovations, including reducing the number smoking rooms. If travel needs bring you back to the area please give us another try, I think you will be pleased. Thank you for your feedback, we do listen to our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northeast Alabama
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our motorcoach tour of 39 travelers was extremely pleased with this hotel. The manager rates a blue ribbon for being so accommodating. Every afternoon, the staff pops popcorn, serves snacks and drinks for all the guests. Since we were leaving the hotel each morning to tour the area, the manager put an ice chest full of iced bottled water on the motorcoach for us. We toured Dauphin Island, Foley & Fairhope, and Mobile from this location. We couldn't have been more pleased with the way the manager led his staff by example, and they followed his lead. The rooms were nice, clean, and well-kept.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALBusTraveler
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Kudos to the management and employees, this is a well run property. We stayed here overnight on our way to Georgia and liked it so much we stopped here on our return home. Staff is very friendly and the ladies managing breakfast in the mornings do an outstanding job keeping everything well stocked and organized. The rooms are updated and I enjoyed the reading chair with ottoman and light. Beds are so comfortable. Had a fitness center for my husband. There are plenty of restaurants nearby, we enjoyed the Golden Corral.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Kalia07,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to serving you again in the future. There is so much to see and do in the Mobile area that you should make it a destination on a future trip. If you need ideas for things to see and do be sure to ask one of our Associates during your stay.
Reviewed October 11, 2010

This Hampton was a wonderful place to stay in Mobile. The staff was exceptional and courteous. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was very good for an included meal. The food was hot and there was a good selection of items. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2010
Mississippi
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Nice, clean, easy to find, Safe location . Nothing negative to say about this hotel. Great price too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
arabianfancy,
So glad you took the time to write a review. Our staff uses them to improve our service so that we can provide the best possible service for all our guests. If you have your kids with you during your stay, be sure to ask an Associate about all the kid-friendly things to do in our area.
usa
Reviewed April 17, 2010

look, it's a hampton inn, so don't expect a luxury experience, but the staff is terrific, the hotel is clean and it's a very pleasant place to stay.

we've stayed here twice now on the drive between texas and the east coast, and both times were pleasantly impressed by the staff--it's a very well run little hotel, and the staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. the rooms are clean and comfortable, the free internet works well, the included breakfast is just fine. the fruit salad could be a bit fresher, but there are bananas, apples and a variety of hot items (scrambled eggs, biscuits and a make-your-own waffle station) in addition to cold cereals, yogurt and hard boiled eggs and juice. there's a serviceable fitness center with several machines, so you can keep up with your fitness routine while traveling.

really, it's the staff that makes this place. from the manager (who appears to ALWAYS be on duty, bless his heart,) to the front desk staff to the housekeepers and the woman manning the breakfast area, everyone is personable and friendly without being pushy. a delightful experience, and if/when we go through that area again, we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
pippakay,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We are proud of our staff and the effort they put forth to provide our guests with the best possible stay. Next time consider stopping here instead of passing through from the Arts to the Outdoors there are a ton of things to do right here.
houston,texas
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed her on our way home to Texas. Very nice motel. Extremely friendly staff. True southern hospitality. Rooms were Clean and roomy. The beds were very comfortable. My son said it was the best night sleep he had ever had at a motel. The breakfast was just as good as some restaurants. No complaints. Price was right for this quality of motel. The manager went out of his way to make us welcome. He was there working with his staff to keep things running well. Wish all motels were like this.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Mobile I-10/Bellingrath Gardens, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
godlives38,
Thanks so much for your review of our hotel and staff. Our entire staff works diligently to insure every guest has the best possible stay. The next time you stay with us, be sure to ask an Associate about the many year-round golfing opportunities in our area.