“Dirty, Filty, Smelly”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Do not stay at this hotel!!!!!. I went on March 5 to check in. I went to check in the room it was nasty!!!!!!!!!!! The bathtub was brown dirty. It smelled really bad in the room.The other two rooms that were available had mold growing from the ceiling. I informed my spouse I will be calling the health department. The staff was very passive and did not care. They just wanted the money from renting the room. The hotel refunded the full amount of $300 and I went to stay at the Hilton Garden. Stay at the Baymont at your own risk !!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBeautiful60898
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I booked this hotel through Expedia for roughly $52 a night plus tax. The hotel is located in an area filled with budget friendly hotels and lots of restaurants. After I booked, I saw the Tripadvisor reviews and was terrified. When I checked in, I was very pleasantly surprised. My room had been renovated in the last five years or so. Don't get me wrong, this is NOT a resort or upscale hotel, but it is absolutely not a dump. The room had a king bed and was spacious. It had wood furniture, a marble vanity, framed mirrors, nice white duvet and sheets, a newer refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and free coffee service. Sure there were some stains on the easy chair, but what do you expect them to buy a new one every time some kid spills a soda? The free high-speed internet service was excellent. I had a good strong wifi signal and fast speed. The breakfast in the morning was nothing special. Coffee, juices, danish, and muffins. Nothing hot like eggs or sausage.

The only real negative I had was with the overnight desk clerk. I checked-in around 1am. Even though I prepaid for my room through Expedia, the desk clerk without my knowledge charged nearly $300 to my debit card. In the morning when I realized the problem, I went to the desk to complain. While I was in the lobby, I found out the same thing happened to AT LEAST two other guests who were also in the lobby complaining about the same thing. They "refunded" the money to my debit card, but if you know anything about debit cards, so called refunds take days to hit your account and in the mean time the money isn't available to spend. This for me, being a budget traveler, caused a huge inconvenience. Also, even though I was staying 6 nights, the clerk only programmed my room key for 2 nights, so on the third day I got locked out of my room after I came back from my conference. Clearly this clerk is a real tool, but I'd hate that this one bad apple ruin the whole bunch.

The pool had clear water, but appeared to be in the process of being worked on. No big deal, it was winter.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

First off, the room stank of urine and old, musty odors. There were ants on the bedside table. The carpet was badly stained, and the room needed painting, badly. There were old toothpaste spatters on the mirror and the sink had a very slow drain. All of the furniture needed attention to the greasy dust that had accumulated. The grossest thing was the in-room coffee machine and pot: the whole machine was coated with a thick layer of greasy dust and the pot itself hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. It had old coffee stains , mold, burnt pieces of coffee and God knows what else collected in that pot. Plus.....the vending and ice machine were right outside my door. This was the worst night I've ever spent in a motel.
I should have changed rooms, but was just too exhausted. I've stayed in one other Baymont Inn in Evansville, IN and it was spotless. The price is excellent, but if I do stay in one again, rest assured that I will check the room before paying.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank italyloverHouston
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I stayed here for a night at $69.95. The price was right and it didn't look as bad as the value resorts in the area. This hotel has seen its day and it shows in parts of the rooms and the hotel property.
There was some heavy wear in my room but all the furniture was new. New desk, chairs, bathroom vanity and the bed was a new king size pillow top.
The pool was clean and warm but needed repairs and a new paint job. Repainting is needed everywhere and what has been painted has been done very quickly and poorly. High speed internet was slow. Fire alarm went off at 6am and they had problems resetting it. This was a better value than the higher end hotels a few doors down and better quality than the S8s or Days ins. Those are all now more than tired.
This place was adequate for price and not so far down the tired slope.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This is for the 930 W.I-65 Service Road South, Mobile, Alabama Location.
Don't be fooled when you consider this propety is owned by Wyndam and expect cleanliness and service. You won't find that quality here. I am not one to complain and to post negative comments on travel sights....however....this one could not be left unsaid. I feel I would be doing a dis-service to individuals like myself if I did not say something. We booked 2 rooms so it wasn't like we had a bad experience with just 1 room. These rooms where discustingly filthy! The bathrooms smelled of urnine, we found hair all over the vanities, tooth paste spashed on the mirrors and coffee pots, dirt and debris accumulated in the corners of the bathrooms and carpets, suspicious stains on the carpets and bedspreads, food containers (with food in them) on the the desk . Ironing board up w/ iron in one room. Upon arrival (which was late) no towels, wash clothes or even pollow cases in the rooms. Make up on one of the pillow cases. TV not working in one room. In the morning we found what we hoped was (water) leaking on the bed from the room above. So you ask why we didn't check out. We kept calling the front desk. We did get towles and pillow cases. No attemp to clean the bathrooms...we were so exhausted from our travels, we kept waiting for them to clean and maint. to come .We were to tired to find another hotel. We decided to act like we were camping out and hope for the best. When I checked out the next morning and I was expressing my concerns to the front desk clerk, he seemed less than concerned about my issues. Another guy that was checking out said that he found cracker crumbs in his bed sheets. I should have woke the next morning and made a call to the local health department. We checked into another hotel in the morning to take a shower.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We didn't even stay the night. The first room was dirty. The second room was smoking and we were supposed to have non smoking. To top it off there were dirt smd BLOOD stains on the comforter! We demanded our money back and drop e a little further for somewhere cleaner. For $80 a night I at least expect a clean room!

Reviewed March 22, 2010

This Baymont was not clean, the room had to be cleaned twice over, sheets did not smell fresh and clean, the breakfast area was not great.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple