“Terrable Hotel”

Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed May 6, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The layout of the room (125) was convenient and the water pressure in the shower was excellent, and there were more TV channels available than in most motels in this price range. That's the good stuff; now for the bad. The bathtub was pretty dirty, and the carpet in the room was worse; you can't walk around it with bare feet. It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, but there was no nonsmoking sign on the door, and there was an ashtray on the table in the room. And the worst part was the BEDBUG bites on my arms that appeared late the next morning. The front desk clerk packed away all of the breakfast items by 9:30, even though it's supposed to be available from 7-10 a.m. on Sundays. That's a minor issue – obviously you don't stay at a motel for the quick breakfast – but it's another example of how the staff at this Baymont Inn location, collectively, just doesn't seem to care.

Room Tip: Find out if the place has been sprayed for bedbugs before staying here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I am so sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered and know that your voice is very important to us.

When serious issues like these arise, we need to know about it right away and we appreciate that you've taken the time to share. We investigate any mention of a pest problem and routinely treat our rooms to keep pests away. We also hold our housekeeping and front desk staff to a very high standard of quality service and cleanliness and I want you to know that we deeply regret that your experience was not what it should have been in these areas.

We are addressing your comments with our staff and working towards improving our policies and improving upon our services and amenities. Your comments and suggestions are important to us and we hope that you will be impressed by our improvements during your next visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent staff! Considering the tools they are provided with. Washer broke, towels were very minimal.
Black mold under wallpaper by window, old non working ice soda machines. The carpets all need to be replaced, naaasty. The breakfast was ok and staff again was very polite and tried their best. Hopefully it will improve.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we want to assure you that the housekeeping issues which you have brought to our attention are being addressed with renewed efforts to improve upon our policies to ensure that each guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience in the future. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures.Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. We hope you'll return to see how we evolve through honest feedback like that which you have provided.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I don't especially like high-end hotels. I like easy in and out of my room and a peaceful stay. For this reason, while this facility may be a little older, I liked it. The staff were very pleasant and exceeded my expectations regarding care of my room during my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontinnmobile, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our old fashioned hospitality, service and accommodations and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your return and hope that you will always feel just as welcome and at home with us at Baymont Inn & Suites as you do today.

Reviewed April 23, 2014