“Wouldn't stay here again!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Kansas City
“Wouldn't stay here again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights when we were in town for the Go Daddy.com Bowl game. I booked our room only a week in advance and I wish now that I'd have chosen someplace else. The room was small, no closet...only a rack hung on the wall near the sink and it was in our way as we walked to the bathroom area if we hung anything on it. We arrived late for our first night with 3 people and found our shower stocked with only 1 bath towel. When I went to get more at the front desk, they had none and I was told I would have to wait until 7 or 8 in the morning. When we went to the free breakfast in the lobby, every guest had to sign in by printing their name, room # and then signing their name. There were several signs up stating that no one was allowed to take any food to their rooms. My husband came down later and tried to take 1 box of cereal and a donut to our sleeping daughter who would miss the breakfast time; he was stopped by the man at the front desk. After waiting in the lobby for a long while, the man at the front desk finally said "you may take MY breakfast to your room." We also had to contact maintenance to get our TV remote fixed...come to find out, it wasn't even the right remote for the TV in our room. I replied to the Baymont survey like another reviewer and got a canned "we're sorry" reply. Do not stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bevyb821
baymontinnmobile, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. Your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 251-344-4942.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was very disappointed. The room was not ready to be rented. Lights were not plugged in, light bulbs were unscrewed from the sockets. Internet was an issue. It was late and I was too tired to move.

I did instruct the front desk and they said they would, "tell the manager". Pretty bogus since an Indian family runs the hotel, everyone is a manager. The manager e-mailed me after my bad review on Baymont's site and sent it from a mailbox that couldn't be reponded to.

Stay away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank unabacia
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Despite the 2.9 rating on Hotels.com this place was a dump. The door was beat up a bit and the bolt no longer worked, there were water stains on the ceiling, the furniture was dirty and worn, and to top it off there was a “surprise” in the toilet that of course did not flush. All this in the part of the building that was supposed to be remolded. Once reported to the front desk I was moved to another room that was the same except no #2 in the bowl. At that I called Hotels.com to cancel. After all they advertise, “Hotels.com doesn't charge cancellation fees” Not true, they only let you cancel if, as in this case, the DUMP your staying at lets you cancel and DUMPS don’t let you cancel. Hotels.com was of no help at all but I left anyway and they charged my car. I will have to fight it with the credit card folks. To top it off you can get the room for $10 less if you don’t go through Dumps.com. I will be shocked if they post this but if they don't it will mean they let the Dumps review what is posted.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I really don't know what all the rest of these people are talking about. My family & I stayed here for Bayfest 2011. We only stayed for one night, but we had an exceptional stay. The staff was nice and our room was clean. I mean, it could have been a little nicer, but for the price...how can anyone complain? If you want to have a 5-star quality room, go pay for it somewheres else. However, if you want to be able to afford a decent room for a decent price for a couple nights.... check this hotel out. Oh, and it's right by the interstate. It was about 7 miles from Bayfest, which was awesome! Make sure you bring chairs if you plan on sitting at the Bayfest though....Thumbs Up Alabama!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
baymontinnmobile, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mobile/ I-65, responded to this review, October 19, 2012

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 251-344-4942.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

While the cost of staying in this inn is reasonable, the condition of the inn is going down. (We stayed in this same inn just one year ago). The bathroom was clean but the stool was leaking. A number of the things needed for a full breakfast bar were not working, so our breakfast was well below standard.

This inn is in a very strategic location not far from the downtown part of Mobile, and is a prime position in the city. But because of the way it is being maintained, I cannot recommend it.

We travel several weeks a year, and generally Baymont Inn's are good places to stay. Sorry ... not this one.

Room Tip: Unless you are on a very tight budget I do not recommend this Baymont.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DSStephens
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This was absolutly the groosest place I ve seen If you dont mid the ceilings falling in on you and covered with water stains, mildew on the wall, water ALL over the toilet the bath tub looked like a person walked around in it with muddy shoes, the furiture was covered with dust and the all the mirrors were covered in fingerprints and the bed linin looked like it wasent changed in a year, If you dont mind all that then this is the place for you. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on the web sites. those pictures are taken at a long angle to make it look bigger they are small and disgusting. When I told the front desk about how gross they were they came to the room and couldn't seem to understand why I was so upset, I guess they are just use to mildew and dirt.I told the fron dest I would not stay in these conditions and they charged me for the first nights stay and I had only been there for 5 mins before I decided to leave, this place is crap and is not worth 15.00 an night. Do not stay here. I will be posting this review on all sites to ensure no one has the same experience

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

This chain is a value play, plain and simple ... in my case, a last minute not-too-many-choices-left option.

We stayed at this property on the way back from Disney World; sketchy neighborhood, mold everywhere (ceiling, walls, carpet), daughter was the main course for bed bugs, wet carpet from the A/C leaking, your basic POS.

If Travelocity had the junk to send me a review I would have given them all zeros. I have a feeling that there is a reason I did not get a review on this one !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family