“Was good. Staff friendly, good location”

Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Fort Worth, Texas
“Was good. Staff friendly, good location”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Location was perfect for business I was doing in town, easy to get everywhere from here. Hotel is a little dated and in need of some repairs and/or upgrades. Wi-Fi is slow and spotty, and had to be reset and logged in a few times a day. Only one elevator was working, so it was usually a wait to get up or down. Beds are comfortable and room heating/AC worked great. Even with great staff it doesn't offset the negatives to give a better rating. Maybe next time things will have been repaired or upgraded.

Room Tip: Rooms 20 and higher are close to a busy highway and gas station. Lots of car and road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Maranda H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, Phil. We thrive on what our guests think-whether it's positive or negative and appreciate you taking the time to tell us your thoughts. I am happy to hear that our staff was more than accommodating during your stay!

The hotel is indeed a little dated as it is 30 years old now. However, you will be pleased to know that after the summer, our property is scheduled for a complete overhaul! We are very excited and hope that you will come back to visit the new property later this year. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am staying for the second time at this Holiday Inn. The first time started about a month ago and was for 3 weeks. During that stay and this one (a week so far - scheduled for two weeks) i have had nothing but good to say about this hotel. During the first stay i had a problem with the coat rack - nice rack with a manufacturing defect that came partially apart. This problem was literally fixed within an hour of reporting it. The management has been very attentive and very quick to respond to any need. I use the exercise room a lot and the machines there are good machines in good repair. Housekeeping is quick to respond with as little or as much service as I request. Gerald Sanders on the front desk makes me feel very welcome with a friendly greeting every time I pass through the front lobby. When I returned for my second stay he remembered that I used the exercise room a lot and made a special provision for me when I arrived.

Bottom line, I feel welcome here and am treated like a valued customer. Rooms are clean and in good repair. Price is very reasonable. I wouldn't know what else to ask for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the awesome review, Jerry! We pride ourselves on customer service and it makes our day to know we have succeeded when we see comments like this one! I must say, you're right about Gerald too. We think he's a keeper! I'm glad you had such a positive experience here at the Holiday Inn West Mobile and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I have not stayed at holiday inn, so I'm not sure of the expectations. I Stayed for Mardi Gras. The lobby areas are nice. The rooms are not tight, but I wouldn't call them spacious. They have made an attempt to renovate rooms, but more needs to be done. Bathrooms have rust and some mold in the corners of the tub. Housekeeping manager was working hard to get rooms cleaned (we had a large group). Gerald, the manager, was very pleasant and did everything he could to accommodate our concerns. This is a pet friendly hotel, so make sure you make them aware if you have pet allergies.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear lenkag24,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our Manager pleasant, nice lobby and had an overall satisfactory stay. On the other hand, I apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Shawn is the best bartender at the Holiday Inn in Tillman Corner.She really knows how to fix a mix drink. She always checks on her customers while been very friendly to ensure that they are pleased with every drinks. Shawn always greet each customers with a smile.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Way to go Shawn and thank you for your feedback Rebecca! It is always impressive when an employee can leave such an impression on a guest that they remember your name. We are thrilled that Shawn has lived up to and exceeded the expectations here at the Holiday Inn West Mobile! We look forward to seeing you again soon Rebecca!
Coto de Caza, Ca
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline and arrived at 10 am in the morning. Front desk was very friendly, but I had to wait for a lot of people to check out even though I was there first. The staff seemed to be confused over what to do.

The hotel was certainly not 3- star as suggested by Priceline on their ratings. I would give it a 2-star rating. The room was large, but needed refurbishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear JimOCotodeCaza_Ca,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room and the service you received from our staff during your check-in. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Traveling on business, picked this one by chance. Property has obviously been around for a while, but is clean, comfortable, quiet, well maintained and the folks are freindly and efficient. The delightful surprise came at the breakfast buffet - thick cut, salt cured bacon. Delicious and I would estimate maybe 10 slices to the pound.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JS-VA
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had stayed at another local Holiday Inn in Mobile and hands down had a better stay here. The staff was supper friendly at the front desk every night. The restaurant was a little weird but the servers were awesome and offered some suggestions and helpful hints. The hotel is a little outdated and older but the service well makes up for it. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business