“Friendly staff, good value, great Mobile option”

Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Pensacola
“Friendly staff, good value, great Mobile option”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall it was a nice hotel. The restaurant and some of the décor are a little dated, and it could use a little fixing up, but for the money I was very happy. The staff was very friendly and the manager was ABSOLUTELY GREAT! He made sure from the moment I wanted to inspect my room up front to the minute I left anything that could be done to make my stay pleasant was taken care of. The restaurant staff in the evening was great. The breakfast staff - not so much. I would also have to throw in it was a little hard to navigate the hotel - I never did manage to find the fitness room, and the restaurant/bar did close a little before the posted hours forcing me to leave the premises for a late night snack- and the neighborhood is not all that great - to say the least. I will definitely be staying there again! I do understand I have stayed in nicer hotels, but the staff was great, it was a good value for the money, and all in all from what I read about most of the hotels in Mobile, I think this one is a winner.

Room Tip: I had a room viewing the back roof, which was lit up like a Saharan morning all night long. It was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Was a very tired Holiday Inn that looks like with a little TLC could get back up to a 4 or 5 star level. The staff was nice, friendly, and helpful at the front desk. But the room had an ordor of was not pleasent. Bed was ok but not the best and the room was outdated. I looked at the hotels behind me and made a mental note that on my next visit I'd look into them first since they appeared to be new or refreshed.

Did get a free breakfast in the morning but should of gone to fast food instead. Not really that fresh and sort of looked like a make shift project put together to create a little extra income. Glad I did not have to pay since it was way over priced.

Not the best of places.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you were not entirely pleased with you recent visit. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department manager and will be reviewed with the staff.

As we continue to improve our product, we ask that the next time you visit Mobile that you will stop in and see what's new.

Safe travels.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

....this place stumbled and fell hard when it came to sleep. Place is pleasant, the staff is very friendly and the rooms are updated. First thought was I caught a diamond in the rough! Then I went to bed. Air conditioner was so old that I was woken up 10 times during the night when that thing turned on. I literally had to turn it off to make a phone call home. They may have done a lot of work on the aesthetics, but when it is time to provide a pleasant place to hit the hay, this place failed. I hope they take care of this because otherwise this is a nice Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael A
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We apologize for the loud a/c. There is good news! As of today in keeping with our continued improvement plan all a/c's have been replaced with new units and are connected to our new green energy management system. It is unfortunate that you were in a room with an old unit as the new ones are nice a quite!

When traveling to Mobile in the future please stop in and give our new a/c's a try!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My name is Delicia and I stayed in room 211. We stayed here for the Graves-Lampkin family reunion July 12-14,2013. Upon arrival,we were greeted with the warmest welcome by Gerald at the front desk. The custodial crew was very responsive to requests. The rooms were clean and beds very comfy. Special thanks to Emmanuel and the cook staff for such wonderful food at our banquet and breakfast. I travel a lot and have never gotten "real thick bacon" at a hotel. We had grits,eggs,sausage,potatoes,biscuits&gravy,danish,coffee,juice,etc.- it was delicious. Tionca and Rupah were very attentive and kept the items stocked/hot and the area clean. I work at an airport and know how important great customer service is(Treat people
with the type service you desire). This hotel is in a great location with many stores/restaurants within walking distance. Easy access to I-10. My family really appreciates the great service we received this weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Delicia M
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Our guest comments are always important to us and especially when a guest takes time to mention any of our team members. Your kind comments about Gerald and Emmanual will be share with the entire staff.

We are glad to hear that you and your family had a great reunion. When traveling to the Mobile area in the futrue please stop in for a visit.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family traveled from South Carolina on a Bus. The bus broke down and it took us about 17 hours to get to Mobile. We were very tired and ready to get our reunion started. The first face we say was Mr. Gerald, he greeted us with a warm smile and was ready to get all 55 of us check in as fast as possible. Every evening Mr. Gerald was there to make sure we had everything we needed for the night and also made sure we all got our breakfast tickets for the next morning. Thank you very much from the Alford Family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were experiencing bus trouble but we are glad to to know that Gerald was there to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. He is the best!

We will post your review for the staff to see and express our appreciation to Gerald.

When traveling to Mobile in the future, please consider staying with us.

Safe travels.
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our group (approximately 80 +/- people) recently used the meeting facilities with a/v rentals, lunch served through the facility and prefunction room with vendors. The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating. When we needed assistance, staff responded quickly. They were friendly and efficient. The staff serving the boxed lunches worked well with us to get the food served quickly and ran for ice, etc., whenever it was needed. They were always jovial and willing to assist in any way possible. Our meeting went great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rebecca L
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Your recent review regarding your meeting held at our hotel is appreciated. When your business requires another meeting we hope that you will keep the HOLIDAY INN MOBILE WEST I-10 in mind.
Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Panama City Beach after a long days drive. Arrived around 9pm and went straight to our warm room. I assumed that when we turned the air conditioner on that it would cool off. NOPE! We were so exhausted we didn't complain and we just laid there with the covers off of us. It was a miserable night. We woke up (early) since we were all so hot and went down for breakfast. As I walked into the breakfast area I realized it was just as humid and hot in there as it was in our room. It was a buffet style breakfast that was fine looking until I saw gnats flying around. Love Holiday Inn but this was is not up to par. If you have to stay in Mobile...don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angela M
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Sorry to hear about your recent experience while visiting our hotel. There are several questions that I have and would like to talk with you. The comfort and safety of our guest is very important to us and is something that we do not take lightly. I ask that you give me a call at your convenience so we may discuss your recent visit.