“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Sumrall, MS
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night this week. Upon arriving check in was quick and painless. The ladies at the front desk was polite and answered a couple of questions I had, being my first stay at the hotel. I paid $100 plus tax for a weekday night in a standard room with two double beds. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing spectacular. I have stayed at nicer Holiday Inns before and ones not quite as nice. I felt the room was clean and linens were fresh and did not seem old and worn out. Breakfast is free if you are a priority club rewards member. I think I seen a sign saying it was $8.95. Breakfast was hot and plentiful; consisted of biscuits, bacon, eggs, grits, pastries, and cereal. If not a priority club member could not see paying that much for it though. I am sure I will stay here again as work now brings me to this area often. I guess by summing up my review the hotel was nice and clean yet did not have that "wow" factor. Will probably stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure and pull the curtains closed at night, the sun is VERY bright rising in your face through...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about you visit. We make every effort to provide a great experience for all of our guest.

Stop in to see us on your next trip to Mobile!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were travelling through and drove up to the Holiday Inn - easy to get to - just off the interstate; but not noisy. Great staff - room was just renovated and lovely - Beds were so comfortable - Pillows a bit to big for my taste, but they were clean and smelled good. The whole experience was great. I rested well - which was much needed - and would highly recommend this hotel to any one passing through or staying a while. It was a bit more expensive than the other hotels around - however - those few dollars went a long way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are glad that you had a great experience while visiting our hotel. Your review will be shared with the staff and they will be very pleased that you took the time to share your comments on your recent stay.

We ask that when traveling through the Mobile area in the future that you stop in for a visit.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hi my name is Heather Vignes and I would love to let yall know that this Hotel is Absolutely Wonderful!!! Everybody there was Absolutely Wonderful too and very, very nice. Everything the hotel had to offer like the hotel breakfast, swimming pool, and what you get in your hotel room was very, very nice too. The hotel it is Absolutely Beautiful and I hope every time I go to Mobile, AL and have to stay in a hotel I can stay in this one. Due to the fact that, this will always be our first choice. Thank you to everyone who made my Daughter's stay and my stay at your hotel a Wonderful one!!! Take care and we hope to see you soon.

Sincerely, Lilly and Heather Vignes

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Wow! your review is what our staff strives for. It is nice that you took the time to share about your wonderful exeperience. Your reivew was posted for the staff to see and they were excited to hear about your stay.

When traveling through Mobile again in the future we hope to see you here!
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was totally outdone! My wife and I were hoping that the bad reviews were wrong. We finally arrive at the hotel after driving 4 hours in the middle of the night only to find dust all over our room, black mold on the walls and bugs all over the headboards, lamps and walls and what seemed to be dried blood in the toilet. We wanted to leave but there were no available hotels in the area. They gave us another room... ROACHES WERE CRAWLING UP THE WALL!!!!! Are you serious?!!! 3rd times the charm I guess cause this room was okay, of course we were grossed out by then and sleeping with one eye open and the wi-fi didn't work. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!!!! Only good thing was the nice staff but they could have offered us something for the inconvenience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your reivew of our hotel. Please accept our apology for the trouble that you encountered during your recent. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable place to stay for all of our guest.

We invite you to stop in for a visit when traveling to Mobile in the future. Your recent stay is not indicative at all of what our guest normally experience.
Lowell, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had a very enjoyable time while we were at Holiday Inn Mobile. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Everyone made sure that we were comfortable and had everything that we needed. Our room was great. Lots of room, very clean. Overall it was a great experience. I have family in the area and try to make it down once or twice a year. I will come back and stay here again. They price and location are great. I feel that you defiantly get MORE than what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Your comments was very kind and we appreciate you taking time to post a reivew of our hotel and staff. The staff strives to provide a clean and comfortable home away from home for all of our guest, while providing the best in southern hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Mobile to visit family.
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Facility looks old and needs updated. I was here for a training seminar.. The room was old looking. The rooms were a little smaller and the ac didnt work that great..Our shower had paint chips that kept showing up in the water... I told the front desk and they had someone up there right away to look at it. The food in the restaurant was very good..I had the grilled chicken sandwich and it was fantastic.. My kids did not like the chicken fingers at all... It was still nice having it right on the property..They also really enjoyed the pool very much.. Cool lighting after dark too! All in all wasnt bad.. The friendly staff made it worth it..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is always nice to hear from our guest. We are constantly improving and updateing our hotel. Several of the items that you listed have already been updated since your visit. All of our tubs have been refinished, larger a/c units have arrived and are being installed where needed. There are several more projects that are planned in the very near future (30-45 days).

You are invited to stop in when traveling through Mobile in the future to see our improvments.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

As a priority club member, I was not impressed with my stay at this hotel on 3/30/13. The room was dusty with dirt and trash behind the bed and the nightstands. I requested a room change and although the second room was not as dusty, there was also trash behind the bed. My friend and I were awaken by the guests staying in the adjacent room. They were very loud in the hallway for most of the night. The bed was a bit comfy. The best part of our stay at this hotel was the sumptuous breakfast prepared and served by the terrific chef and waitress at the restaurant in the lobby on 3/31/13.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. A copy of your review has been sent to the housekeeping mananger so she may review it with her team.

When traveling through Mobile in the future, please stop in for a visit as your last visit is not indicative of our hotel.