“Beautifully redecorated, but some issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10

Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Mobile
Dallas
“Beautifully redecorated, but some issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

They did a great job redecorating this hotel, both rooms and public areas. Unfortunately, the couch in our room had almost no springs left; it was very uncomfortable. The water pressure in the shower was too low for us. The bathroom did have an extra long vanity which we liked. They gave us a voucher for breakfast. Restaurant was quite good, enjoyed the burgers for dinner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent stay. We agree that the sofa and chairs have a lot to be desired and that is why they are scheduled to be replaced in the next phase of renovation. The last phase should be completed within the next 60 days. So when traveiling to Mobile in the future, please stop in to see what's new.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stopped here on our way back to ATL from San Antonio. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I have stayed at. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and great breakfast. We came during the tornado ( on Christmas Day ) and Gerald was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction for dinner. Will definitely be back when passing through OR going to Bellingrath Gardens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Our staff strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests! I will share your remarks about Gerald at our next staff meeting.- He truly does a great Job at making our guests feel welcome.

The tornado did leave a big mess in the Midtown area of Mobile. But we are happy to report that their we no deaths and no serious injuries and our area of Mobile was not affected.

We invite you to stop in for a visit when traveling through Mobile in the future.
Clermont, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Or maybe prime time has passed this one by. Tired and hungry we stopped and stayed at the Holiday Inn on Nov. 16, 2012. Although the property was old--a Holiday Inn can't be THAT bad. Rooms were not sanitized, dead bug in the hallway, smelled tobacco smoke, and so forth. But, this was one of the WORST meals of my life. We are experienced travelers, Europe, Mexico, most of the Carribean,
most of Canada, much of the US. Never has someone brought my wife a cheeseburger platter wito cheeseburger. The poor waitress was obviously brand new and totally lost. She forgot my salad and my soup, but did bring my chicken breast, slathered in sauce and cooked as hard as a baseball.

By this time I was ready to blow. We were beginning our vacation. So I ordered a drink and calmed down.

The young lady, certainly did not forget to bill for my drink. Several lights were out in the bar area and it smelled like cigars.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

raycampbell12@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. I have shared your review with the department heads and will be addressed with the staff. Your stay is not indicative of our hotel. When traveling to the Mobile area in the future we ask that you keep us in mind for your over night accommodations.
Fannett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Pros - Friendly staff, grounds and exterior kept up, really great price, room was clean, great location right off the interstate

Cons - The hotel is outdated and time for a face lift, water pressure was terrible

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
First let me apologize for not responding sooner. Your review slipped in under the ”radar” and I missed the notice. Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. We have been going through the renovation process and hopefully will have completed the last phase by the end of January 2013! Also, I am happy to report the water pressure issue has been corrected. When visiting Mobile in the future we ask that you remember us when selecting your over night accommodations.
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I wanted to explore Mobile Bay and the surrounding area. Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was very friendly, cheerful and helpful, especially Jamie at the Front Desk. It has a nice pool and a good restaurant. It is pet and kid friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Herb H
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10. We strive to provide our guest with the best service possible and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Jamie is a great asset to our team and we will recognize her at the next team meeting. When traveling to Mobile in the future we ask that you remember us for your overnight needs.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

After reading a not so great review I decided to try this place anyway. Big Mistake! This place needs major repairs and cleaning. It is dated to say the minimum. The elevators alone are enough to potentially make you turn around not to mention the wasp that joined me on the ride up. Walking the hallways which stink of bleach stained carpeting and doors in serious need of a paint job. Entering the room while the neighbor conveniently places their tray of food etc outside on the floor which was still there after going out to dinner for an hour and a half. Returned to a spider crawling on my pillow, a whiny a/c unit and newly discovered dust covered head boards. Ceiling is poorly painted, bathroom tile is cracked and needs to be caulked. AND the shower fixtures were rusted.

Awful stay. Never so disappointed in a Holiday Inn. There's no getting me back here and I certainly will not recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. Our staff strive to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guest. When traveling we hope that you will once again consider Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 as your recent stay is not indicative of our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here 9/27-9/30 for a family reunion weekend. Arrived very late on the 27th and was met with a smile from the desk clerk who had our reservations ready and a cold water waiting for us. The room was a king bed on the 5th floor. Decent size, clean and ready for me. The beds were comfortable for hotel beds. Shower pressure was great and tv was fine. Internet signal was strong and easy to log in and use. The staff we encountered was always friendly with a smile and a warm hello. Restaurant food was about average. Not bad but also not expensive. The was a full bar in the hotel but did not use it but it looked fine.
I would recommend the hotel. Join the holiday inn club before you go to get your free breakfast every morning. This saved us about 20 every day for two of us. It is a full service not an express hotel. I have to admit , I did miss the cinnamon rolls but it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are glad to hear that we met your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for allowing the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 to be a part of your family reunion. When planning your reunion in the future we ask that you keep the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 in mind.