“Not a terrible place, but certainly below average.”

Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Not a terrible place, but certainly below average.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Got to this place about 22:00 after a delayed flight. It is an old place that they have done a pretty fair job of rejuvenating and turning into a Holiday Inn. You can tell that it isn't new, but it isn't a dump either. I didn't really have any interaction with any of the staff, except briefly at check in. The place was mostly clean, but they have missed some spots as you will see in the attached photos.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. I have copied both Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers the photos that you posted so they can address the issue with the team members. This is not indicative of our hotel and ask that when traveling to Mobile that you stop in and give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bluffton, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

It was recommended that we visit the 5th Ave Restaurant & Lounge at this hotel and it was AWFUL!
#1 is a SMOKING restaurant in a hotel if you can believe it
#2 the service was terrible - slow, below average & confused
#3 we ordered our salad first & it came with the meal
#4 we ordered bacon & cheese on the burger it came with either one
I can only image how the hotel is if the restaurant is like this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Food and Beverage for him to review and address with our team members.
I apologize for not living up to your expectations. When visiting the Mobile area in the future, please give us another try as this is not indicative to our service.
Midland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This Holiday Inn was awesome!!! Very clean and made you feel at home. :)

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. Our team members strive to provide our guest with a great guest experience and it is always nice when a guest lets us know when we have succeeded. When visiting Mobile again we hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 for your overnight accommodations.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at Location in May 2012, and it was a great experience....The staff was courteous, friendly and showed their southern hospitality. There was no smoke smell in the lobby and there is a general area for smokers..They offer a full breakfast which was apart of the hotel package stay, which is nice because you don't have to leave the property to have a decent meal. The hotel has a wonderful workout fitness room with the HD large screen television in a pleasant cool enviroment. This location is great for travelers along I-10 as it provides easy access to the location. Ivory

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, AL. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

We are always very happy when guest writes a review about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately forwarded them to our management team. They will ensure the hotel staff knows what a great job they have done, and also ensure that are recognized for their efforts.

Once again, thank you taking the time to contact us. We value you as our guest and hope to have you as a guest at our hotel again soon.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have consistantly have a good experience at this hotel. They have a great staff on front desk and on the entertainment/conference room staff as well. They are able to accomodate needs from an overnite hotel room for one person, to a group of well over a hundred people in a conference if you need that much space.
The hotel has a great location, Exit 15B on I-10, so it is easy to get into and to get back on the road.

Room Tip: Just specify smoking or non-smoking for the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We consistently strive to provide a great experience for our overnight guests and meeting goers. It is always great to hear from all of our guests and especially when they have had a great experience with us. We will post your comments in the team members break area for them to see. Thank you for taking the time to share. We look forward to you staying with us on your next trip to Mobile. Remember to ask for a smoking or non smoking room!
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Staff was very courteous, prompt and accommodating. Mangement was very professional and helpful.

Room Tip: King rroms are very spacious and love the fact of the refrigerator and microwave
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMobile, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We appreciate you comments regarding your recent stay and are pleased that we lived up to your expectations. We ask when traveling through the Mobile area that you stop in again for a visit.
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel this weekend. When we came in the entire lobby smelled like smoke. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and gave us free breakfast and a few thousand additional points. However, the entire hotel smelled like smoke and that it was greatly in need of an air filtration system. The room smelled less like smoke, but when we laid down on the pillows you could smell smoke in the pillows. Also the beds in the rooms with two beds were not queens or fulls, they were more like oversized twins. We only stayed here because it was on our way to our final destination and only 5,000 points. I would have never paid money to stay in this hotel. My husband said there were also a couple of shady characters in the parking lot. Again, the staff was very nice and hospitable, but that doesn't make up for the dirty hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for you recent review of our hotel. In you review you did not indicate that you spoke with a member of management. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment for our guest and you mentioned several issues that are of particular concern to us and we would like to discuss further with you. Please give Gerald Sanders our front office manager a call at the hotel @ 251.666.5600. We apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. When traveling through the Mobile area again please consider us for your over night needs