“Homewood Suites - Mobile”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Texas City, United States
“Homewood Suites - Mobile”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My room was very spacious and comfortable. I was there on business but I could have spent a lot more time in the hotel room, which is not something I say a lot. I only interacted with the courtesy van driver and the lobby agent, but they were really nice and helpful. The breakfast had similar options as most but there was plenty of fresh fruit and everything tasted good. There was not much to do within walking distance. I will stay here again for business or relaxation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Angel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Quincy, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The first night of my stay, I notice the bathtub was clogged. I contacted the front desk and was told that maintenance had left for the night and that there was nothing she could do but she would notate my account so that maintenance will check on it first thing in the morning. Morning came and no maintenance person. I called the front desk again to report the same problem and was told that they would get to me before they left. I left the hotel for 8 hours or so. When I returned the bathtub had still not been unclogged. I called again and was told that maintenance would check on it in the morning. This went on and on to no avail. No one ever came to resolve the problem. This was a major disappointment due to 6 females in the suite. Night #2 I sent my daughter to get fresh towels due to housekeeping not cleaning our suite (I did NOT place the “do not disturb” sign in the door.) The night front desk representative sent damp pool towels. I called the front desk to ask why damp pool towels were given. She had a terrible attitude. Mind you, it was after midnight, the pool was closed so there was no need to be given pool towels, let alone damp ones. I asked her name and was given Pearl. I then went to the front desk to address her in person. I looked for a name rag but did not see one. I told her I am the individual in which she just spoke and asked if she was having a bad day. She stated she wasn’t but she gave my daughter all she had available. I noticed a stack of fluffy white towels. I told her that’s not true because there are some bath towels there. She stated she had just gotten those. The entire encounter with this clerk was terrible. She was in no way courteous and did not try to fulfill the needs of the guest. The following night, my family and I came in late. Our key card would not work. This same clerk stood there and watched us trying to get in and would not open the door. After a few minutes passed, she finally gave access. Our entire visit, the key cards constantly had to be re-keyed. I took extra precaution not to place them by my cell phone or any other magnetic devices to de magnify them. However, the key card had to be re-keyed countless number of times. Night number 3, this same clerk still had a terrible attitude. I sent my daughter to the car to get something. The key card didn’t work again. She would not let my daughter in. My daughter called me. I had to go down and ask the clerk why would she not open the door. She stated that she wasn’t sure if she was a guest. Really?? This was our 3rd night there. I was disgusted with her. Upon check out, I learned that her name was not Pearl, it was Belinda. Also, upon check out my final price was more than my reserved price. I to find my reservation paperwork in order to be credited the difference. This was the worst hotel stay that I have ever encountered. Customer service is a pet peeve for me and nothing about this experience said that you value me as a guest!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Staci M
Tennessee
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had three USTA tennis teams staying at The Homewood Suites, Mobile, Alabama for a southern sectionals tennis tournament this past weekend, and truly, I can tell you that all of us who stayed here had a good experience. We arrived on Thursday evening, and they serve adult beverages & a hot meal Mondays through Thursdays 6pm - 8pm. We arrived after an 8 hour drive around 7pm and were very happy to stay in the hotel, relax and have an amazing lasagna dinner prepared by a really good cook! She even made bread pudding for a friend who was celebrating her birthday and brought it out for everyone to have!
The staff at the Homewood go over and beyond to make the guests feel very special. The receptionists were pleasant and very helpful with directions. We stayed 4 miles from the Mobile Bay Tennis Center, and I definitely suggest the Homewood if you're playing in a tournament at the Mobile Tennis Center. It's an easy 10 minute drive to the courts.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. When we were gone for the day, we did come back and our room had a musty smell but it was quickly gone by the time we cranked up the airconditioners. Rooms were very nice, beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean and you had everything you needed. We will definitely stay at the Homewood again when we are lucky enough to make it to this tournament again!
Breakfast was buffet - and again, the staff were very hospitable and charming! Homewood is very lucky to have these people working for their company.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheTuscanyResort
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great hotel when having a loved one in the hospital where you need a mini kitchen equiped. Offers Providence hospital rate...make sure to ask. could use a bit of an interior update. Staff was nice, especially the lady working the breakfast in the morning. Surrounded by old oaks and although right off airport blvd very quiet. Fish Bones and TGI Fridays within the parking lot.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rmdtmd
Mobile, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I t was a very dirty establishment, the bathrooms were filthy the room smelled terrible, the kitchen appliances were dirty. The air conditioner turned off and when we came back to our room after leaving it was off and our room was very hot. Requested a non smoking room and either the room had been smoked in or someone was smoking near our room and it was coming through the vents. Just a miserable experience and I will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Livie R
Venice, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Like most suite hotels, this facility is very good, the room is spacious, the amenities are more than adequate. What sets this hotel apart from the competition is its attentive and personable staff. Enjoy the stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this hotel through one of the booking sites where you do not know what you will get when you bid. And I am so glad I got it. I travel for business and sometimes need more than 1-2 nights. I like to be able to have my own food, instead of eating out everyday. Full kitchen. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Very clean. Free breakfast - not just muffins and eggs molded into a circle. I also would stay here with family because of the size of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business