“It was a nice stay.”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Houston
“It was a nice stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have no complaints about this hotel. The staff was nice, the room was clean and nothing went wrong. On the other hand, nothing stood out as over-the-top wonderful either. If you are in the area, it's a nice place to stay. If you want quick access to the interstate while passing through, I'd choose a different hotel. The traffic getting to this one is pretty congested.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JodieHaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the other reviews, I couldn't believe they were talking about the same place that I had just stayed. The staff was very friendly and the entire facility was very clean. The beds and bedding seemed brand new. I did have the continental breakfast, which I usually do not do. It was good, though not exceptional. I would definitely stay there again when in the area with the kids.

• Stayed December 2012
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

When I booked the hotel and upon arrival I specified that we wanted a non-smoking room. While my room indeed was nonsmoking, the other side of the narrow hallway was all smoking rooms. Naturally, the smell wafted into our room and everything smelled smokey. In addition, the beds were old and saggy. I am really surpised this hotel is affiliated with the Hilton name. It is NOT a nice hotel. If you need to stay by the airport, I would suggest staying at another hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here (and I hope you don't) and you want non-smoking, specify that the entir...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mestrefamily
bruce45@earthlink.net
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

First off, when entering room, I went to put things in refrigerator and the door handle came off. Maintenance fixed, no problem. Next, small mites on table in kitchen area. Not sure of where they came from, however, was told that the place just was fumigated and cleaned two weeks ago. Furniture and interior of room looked outdated and not up to standards of clean. Tile in bathroom dirty and hair in tub. Breakfast was cold the second day and thrown away by us. Poor nights rest as bed was not comfortable. With the exception of the staff being very friendly and helpful, I was shocked that I was disappointed as this was a Hilton Hotel and I just joined their honors program. Will not stay at a Homewoods again due to this experience. Sorry that I had to express my opinion negatively.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank judgejudy45
La Grange, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel was attractive on the exterior and the front desk staff pleasant. When we arrived in our room we immediately noticed that the fire alarm needed new batteries because it was beeping regularily. When we picked up the phone to call the front desk the phone was also not working. The front desk staff person was apologetic when we returned to the lobby to report the problem. The maintainence staff came to replace the batteries but he didn't have the correct size so he removed the entire unit. This solved the beeping problem, but they never returned to replace the fire alarm during the 3 days that we stayed in the hotel. Cleanliness of the room was just ok, there was some noticeable discoloration of the carpet near the bathroom which was probably from mold. The frustrating part about housekeeping was they they only work until around noon. So if you remain in your room in the morning hours like we did, you will not be able to have your room cleaned. When we are paying $150 per night for a hotel room, we expect the room to be cleaned daily. We had to ask for fresh towels at the front desk. The exercise room was small but not crowded while we were there, and there were always handtowels, earbuds for the TVs, and fruit available. The pool was small but pleasant in an interior courtyard area. Although because of its size it easily got crowded and there were never any towels to dry off with. Breakfast was not up to the usual standards at a Homewood Suites. The food (and hot water for tea or hot chocolate) was never warm enough and often had to be warmed up in the microwave, this was a common complaint among guests. The breakfast staff person was also very slow to replace food when they ran out of items, and she was rather strict that things be done her way in the breakfast area. The front desk staff were great, but other wise the stay was just OK...if we were to return to Mobile, we would try a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jersey City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel comes with free hot breakfast 7 days a week and even comes with free beer/wine and food 4days a week, I was amazed at what great value I got.
The staff were all very friendly especially colum at the front desk who couldn't have been more helpful. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if I return to Mobile.

Room Tip: Close to elevator, yu can't even hear it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Arun B
NEW ORLEANS, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We really liked our stay there. We were able to prepare breakfast, and dinner. We spent most of the day at our convention. The only negative that I could find was the carpet. It really need a good shampooing. The staff was very nice. The overall stay was very good. Would love to stay there again, but would suggest that the carpet is cleaned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business