“Thanksgiving 2012! It will do but not for the price!”

La Quinta Inn Mobile
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Thanksgiving 2012! It will do but not for the price!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was not the best LaQuinta, but it'll do in a pinch! I decided to try it and I won't be staying here again! The room I had was definitely older as was the rest of the hotel! My room smelled terrible and The bathroom was tiny with a door that wouldn't stay locked or closed. The breakfast area was tiny and the breakfast options were not the best. The plus is that there is a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel. This was a plus, especially with two little ones!

Room Tip: Choose the Daphne or Satsuma (North Mobile) locations if you are going to stay at a LaQuinta!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kevin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed with our 2 dogs while visiting family in Mobile. Recommended by travel with pets web site. Hotel had dog walk with disposal bags. We got king suite and had plenty of room for their two crates. Room had coffee maker, small refrig large separate bedroom two flat screen TVs. Would recommend to friends and co workers traveling with pets. Nice breakfast and good location near restaurants and large nice mall

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 25, 2012

When a traveler, for business or personal pleasure, wants to be pampered with assistance from a very apt and capable staff, then the LaQuinta in Mobile, Alabama is the hotel/motel for you to consider.

Great accommodations including two (2) nice efficient training/meeting rooms located above the office. These rooms can double as a sleeping area as well as a training or meeting room with up to approximately 20 individuals.

Williamson, Georgia, USA
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was happy with the room cleanliness vs the price we paid for our room, I was really suprised. The bathtub was a little dark on the bottom but I just wore flip flops while taking a shower, which I would have done anyway. Really the only down side was that although this is a pet friendly hotel there were no disposal containers for owners to dispose of their animals waste. My son stepped right in a pile of doo when he got out of the car...YUCK!
The staff was exceptional and I enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was good and the beds were very comfortable. Every need I had was met with a smile and bright face. I would definately stay here again but I would certainly be cautious about where I step.

1 Thank TAlbright1167
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect with the price of the room, but I just needed a place to sleep for the night, so I wasn't looking to spend $100 for a few hours sleep. This is the second time I stayed here while traveling to and from Dallas/Tampa. The room is exceptional, given the price. Very clean and totally awesome bed/bedding for the price. Exceptional value, and the pecan chicken salad I got at Charleys (in the same parking lot) with a 10% discount thanks to La Quinta, was excellent, too!

Don't let the price fool you. If you're looking for a good nights sleep, this place is awesome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My stay was satisfactory, but I checked out and later realized that I had left my I-Phone charger in the room. I called the front desk and let them know that I had left my charger in the room and would they get it for me. She said she'd check, two days later I recieved a phone call saying they had found no charger and couldn't explain how it wasn't there when I know it was left plugged in the out let where the clock radio was plug in too. Don't ever leave anything behind you'll never get it back even if you call an hour after you've left it behind

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business