“Worst hotel in the Area”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Mobile - Tillmans Corner
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed December 21, 2008

The management who is indian , has no consideration to the needs of Guests. Switch and bait prices. We were told that prices chaged since lst year. We had just styed there 5 days berfore the end of the year. So that made it last year.

Tried to get a refill on my coffee, the front desk girl almost had my head; stating that breakfast was over 10 minutes ago, and I am not supposed to do that. Nice Eh!

Stay at the best western 20 feet away. Rodeway Inn Corporate has not done anything about this. I complained straight to them

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonymarino2008

Reviewed August 6, 2008

SORRY ITS LONG- BUT MUST READ!!!!

ok- first of all, I tried to book online, but their web site didn't want to work with me so i call their 800 number instead. We needed a one room non smoking suite. The man I spoke to was polite and said everything was set up for us... We arrived, the front desk had our keys for us.. TO FIND OUT IT WAS A SMOKING ROOM!!! She explained that was all she had,. My husband and I (with small children) went to the room to find out the SMELL was so bad my daughter and I couldnt breath. I went to the front desk to see what we could do, all was offered was spray room freshener ! I went back to room and called the 800 # back, another man said that they have 4 open n/s rooms. took MY CELL (MY MINUTES!!!) to the front desk and handed it to the lady to talk to him. She explained that the internet was down and the only other one they had had leaky pipes. but she would put us in another room in the 2nd floor. While she was talking to him (ON MY MINUTES!) I ran to check the type of room. It WAS a n/s suite! So we left to that room. We turned the AC on and left for the evening. Guess what the AC doesn't really work in that room but,we decied to stay anyway. We stayed for 2 nights in that room. On the second morning, when I woke up I found not only my husband had been sleeping in my bed with me- ANTS!!!!!!! TONS OF ANTS IN MY BED!!!!!! AND ALL OVER MY FLOOR IN THE BED ROOM AND IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!! I ran( REALLY PISSED) to the front desk to tell the lady and all she asked was "Did it rain yesterday?" like it was no big deal. I demanded to talk to the manager- who just happened to be on medical leave. All they did was give me one of the nights free. The head cleaning lady came in the room (while the children were sleeping) to spray bug spray. I told her we were leaving in 5 minutes and told her not to spray until we were gone. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I apologize because this is a long, unpleasant review. Unfortunately, it is the truth.

When we arrived for our late check-in at 1am, our non smoking King room had been accidentally given to someone else. My husband, who is permanently disabled, told the 3rd shift desk clerk that we would take any room available- as long as we would not have to move. She decided to give us a 1 bedroom suite for our entire stay (6 days), because of the mistake they had made with our reserved room. We did not ask for an upgraded room, this was her decision.

The next morning we were at the pool with our children. The 1st shift desk clerk, along with a personal friend and one of the maids, came to confront us. She let us know that we were in a more expensive room and that we would need to be moved. My husband explained to her why we were put into this room, and that we were told we would not be moved. After explaining all of this to her, she told us not to worry and that she would take care of everything.

A few minutes later we received a call in our room from the same girl. She told us that they needed the room we were currently in, because it was booked all week for other guests. She said that they would like move us down the hall to a 2 bedroom suite, but she was not sure until she talked to the manager. We were trying to leave the motel and get some lunch, so we told her to call and let us know what was going on. During lunch, she called again to tell us that the manager said we had to be moved back down to the first floor to a n/s King room. By this time we were finally getting tired and frustrated with their complete lack of organization. My husband asked to speak with the manager, who we never saw in person, and explained to her that we would be looking for a new motel and making complaints. She then said that it was no problem, and that we were fine in the room we were in. Yeah right!

The next morning, we got up and started to get ready. My husband went to the car to get something and the same desk clerk from the day before stopped him. She asked if we were having any water leaks in our room, because there was a leak from it into the dining room of the motel. This was the final straw for us. He told her that we were leaving immediately.

We were apparently not welcome at this motel, and felt completely uncomfortable being there. It was a miserable experience for our family, and I would not recommend it under any circumstances.

A few other observations:

We had a non-smoking room, but the towels smelled like smoke. The second floor hall smelled like smoke too.

The free high speed internet did not work correctly for our entire 2 day stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family