New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Kalmar, Sweden
“I lived here 4 months”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I move to work 4 months to Mobile and I lived 4 months in this hotel.
The hotel is really nice, clean and the people that work here are friendly.
The room was really big, it was more a small flat then an hotel room.
4 days a week they serve dinner, they don't offer really delicious food, but sometime is good have this opportunity instead to go out and eat in a restaurant. Unfortunately they serve the dinner a little bit too early, and most of the day I was still at work (but I think it was my working time strange).
They have a small swimming pool, but indoor. But outside they have a bbq that all the guest can use, and it's a really good opportunity.

The location is also good, close to the highway, a mall and a few miles from the airport.

If I need to come back to Mobile, I will stay for sure again in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear 8jack83 ,

We really appreciate you for taking the time to share your stay of 4 months at the Residence Inn as we strive for all of our guests to have a "home away from home" experience while staying with us and it seems as we succeeded!

We hope to see you again whenever you are in the Mobile area.

Christy G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent staff and very relaxing outdoor fireplace for the evening as well and breakfast when it is cool. We had the 2 bedroom suite and each bedroom has a bathroom. Great for family travel when you need more space. Great location and a full hot breakfast. Very comfortable beds off the road quiet location. Recommneded !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Nextdoorguy,

Thank you for taking the to recommend our Residence Inn in Mobile and for your comments about our staff and our suites. I wil make sure to share your comments with the staff! Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice - stainless steel fridge and dishwasher. The beds are typical Marriott which I think are very comfortable. I liked the location - a few minute drive to restaurants, bars, the mall, Starbucks, Kinko's - all the things a business traveler needs. It's also right down the street from a Fresh Market making grocery shopping easy. The staff was great, very friendly. It's about a 15 minute drive to the airport and about 10 minutes to downtown.

My only complaint was no partnership with a local gym but I was able to go Omni fitness just down the street and they gave me a great deal when I said I staying at the Residence Inn.

All in all I would stay again and recommend this hotel.

My one tip is regarding transportation from the airport. My experience with the cab drivers at the airport was a bit weird and I didn't feel very safe. I would talk to the hotel and see if they can arrange transportation to pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear lwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent three week stay at the Residence Inn Mobile! It's great to know that our location worked perfectly for you. And thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will make sure to post your review for all to see. We hope to see you soon!
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way from Montgomery to Biloxi and this is a great mid point, especially if you arrive on a late flight. Check in was a breeze, the room was clean and comfortable and the morning breakfast was nice. The eating area was a little small, but the selection good. While it's visible from the high way, you really need to get off before you see it. It's on a service road that runs parallel to the highway. That makes it great for easy on and easy off, it's just navigating to it that's challenging. Look it up on google maps before you go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Residence Inn Mobile, we hope we can always be your mid point hotel!
Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Tiffany at the front desk. Her kind demeanor let me know that I had made the correct decision of hotels in this location. When entering the room, I found it to be of a good size, clean and appropriately appointed. After unpacking I decided to go for a walk to stretch my legs and back from the 6 hour drive, so I went back to the front desk to ask about parks or other locations to walk. Tiffany again made recommendations and followed up with maps and other information which made me feel like a valued guest.
The only negative comment that I could make is that the evening reception was less than I had expected. It consisted of packaged salad, chicken noodle soup, beer, wine, tea and lemonade. I always consider light meals a plus, but it does not affect my accomodation decisions.
I will be returning to this area for work in the future, and I feel certain that this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Iwalker1967,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us! and we will make sure Tiffany gets a copy of your review. We are delighted to know that we are your hotel of choice when in Mobile. And we are sorry to hear that our soup and salad night was not something you prefer but please know that we serve our Social, Monday through Thursday's and we have a different menu every day.
We hope to see you soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom unit with a friend visiting from Italy. He was very impressed with the size and the cost for such a large, well equipped room. This was one of the few hotels in the area that I found that has two bedrooms and a living/dining area. Great breakfast with to go boxes so you can take it back to your room - bonus! All in all, it was a nice hotel with excellent staff but there were a few things that were a bit off. I thought both rooms would have queen beds but I swear one room was only a double. Doors were thin and there appeared to be a rowdy party in the room next to us. We could hear people laugh and scream through the halls well into the night. Aside from the sketchy crowd in the room next to us, excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Bdga2006,

It's great to hear that you and your guest were impressed with our two bedroom suites, they are very suitable and spacious.Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Mobile!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was just a short stop on a long road trip, but the hotel is nice and accepted our small dog. Nice studio suite with full kitchen, large TV, good hot breakfast. This hotel is grouped with a number of others, and is close to a mall and plenty of restaurants. GPS directions can be a bit confusing so make sure you get on the Service Road, and not the highway entrance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christy G, General Manager at Residence Inn Mobile, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Gary F,

Thanks for sharing your recent stay experience at the Residence Inn Mobile. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and please know that we are working on making sure that our address is correct in GPS's. Thanks for the tip for future readers.
Thank you for staying with us!