“Just Above Average”

Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just Above Average”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I start all my reviews by saying I have no choice where I stay; my company makes the choice for me.
It didn't seem too bad a place, good access to the interstate, plenty of restaurants to eat at.
The room appeared to be clean, the bed was comfortable. The room had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker.
Folks at the front desk were friendly. The hotel offers a shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Selma, Alabama
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This has got to be the nastiest place I have ever stayed in!! First of all, there was a little black bug under my pillow. The tile in the corners in the bathroom floor had dirt and does not appear to have been cleaned in a while. There were dirt smudges on the doors and walls. I can only assume how dirty the dark green carpet was! I would not let my small children play on the floor. I assumed since it has a 3 star rating, that it would at least be clean!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Christy987

Travelers are raving about these Mobile hotels

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I hosted a birthday party at the Ashury Hotel on Feb 15, 2014, and had a stellar experience. From the time I inquired about booking the event Mrs. Bordenave went above and beyond to assist with my vision. Although, the event was somewhat last minute and on a minimal budget she worked within the constraints of both timing and funding. The entire staff provided SUPERIOR customer service to the entire group before, during, and even after the event. Mrs. Bordenave and her staff were on point and I would certainly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an elegant and affordable. The facility was really clean and all of the guest enjoyed the food.
Shulanda Franks-Mobile, AL

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stay away. Do not be deceived by the look of the pictures of the atrium. This has got to be the dirtiest, nastiest hotel room I have ever had in my life. Literally dirt on the back of the door, the walls, air conditioner, bathroom had mold growing in it, the carpet was like little brown dreadlocks. Absolutely atrocious. I was in Mobile for an open-ended business trip and lasted 1 night in this trashpile - checked out and went to the Econo Lodge about a block north of this place which was a significant upgrade. And when Econo Lodge is a big step up - you get the picture. They need to put this place to the bulldozers. Horrible.

Room Tip: Don't do it. You will be unhappy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Steven B
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this hotel to host my wedding in the latter part of September.. Joanne, the sales person (I guess), was VERY rude and VERY unprofessional. She ALMOST ruined my wedding. Not only in her tone but also in demeanor. I work with ppl everyday and have NEVER experienced poor customer service like this. The rooms are mediocre and should be priced at $20 a night. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra money and go somewhere wayyyyy nicer and friendlier.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Christunconstr
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Due to a mix-up with my reservation I ended up at this facility. I was accompanied by my wife, granddaughter and a great granddaughter. We were there for twenty days. The staff was great except for the front desk. I asked for a room with an outside view she would not accommodate us.
We were all in bed we were awaken by a loud crash. The hair dryer had dislodged from the wall and fallen to the floor in the bathroom. The tile on the bathroom was cracked and the floor was always wet.
We were moved to another room with a view more restrictive than our first room.
While the employees were great ,the food quality was very low. The breakfast was just luke warm, never hot. There was no fruit, the cereal was old and bland, the juices was watered down. They tasted more like watered down fruit drinks than real fruit juices.. I think the staff manning the breakfast did a great job. Management need to loosen its purse strings and purchase some quality food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank erthial
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, I think their bedding needs to be updated but other than that it was a great deal for the price. Pillows are extremely lumpy and stains on one of the comforters. We were only staying one night on our way to the beach so we didn't complain. It was more than we expected for the low price!

• Stayed July 2013