“LOOKS ARE DECEIVING” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Sacramento, California
“LOOKS ARE DECEIVING”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Due to a mix-up with my reservation I ended up at this facility. I was accompanied by my wife, granddaughter and a great granddaughter. We were there for twenty days. The staff was great except for the front desk. I asked for a room with an outside view she would not accommodate us.
We were all in bed we were awaken by a loud crash. The hair dryer had dislodged from the wall and fallen to the floor in the bathroom. The tile on the bathroom was cracked and the floor was always wet.
We were moved to another room with a view more restrictive than our first room.
While the employees were great ,the food quality was very low. The breakfast was just luke warm, never hot. There was no fruit, the cereal was old and bland, the juices was watered down. They tasted more like watered down fruit drinks than real fruit juices.. I think the staff manning the breakfast did a great job. Management need to loosen its purse strings and purchase some quality food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank erthial

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, I think their bedding needs to be updated but other than that it was a great deal for the price. Pillows are extremely lumpy and stains on one of the comforters. We were only staying one night on our way to the beach so we didn't complain. It was more than we expected for the low price!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank krhill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel was clean but the room seemed dirty because the walls were entirely scuffed and had stains down them. They definitely need to do some upgrades! The staff was extremely nice though, especially the breakfast crew!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Amelia C
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Due to work in my home, I found myself without bathroom facilities. Simply put, my toilet spent the night in the yard. In search of an inexpensive night out, but knowing there might be a problem since a fishing rodeo in town, I was surprised to find such great rates at the Ashbury. This is not a new property and I was very pleased with the upkeep and apparent updating done to the rooms. Mine was very spacey, clean, and comfortable. There was a chair with a broken bottom in the room, but when I reported it as I checked out I could tell they where pleased to know and a note was taken about the problem. I highly recommend this place especially at 1/3 the price of many close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margie C
Rex, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was pleasantly surprise by what I found at this nice hotel. The rooms and facilities are spacious, clean, and quiet. The staff was very nice. I enjoyed the breakfast and dining area. I will come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank OliverRex
Beebe, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a very spacious hotel from the lobby, next to the indoor pool, to our room, but there were a few problems with it that made our stay average. It was very quiet, and we probably would have slept well into the next morning if it had not been for the curtain design. A giant curtain covered all of a giant window, but it did not overlap, creating quite a shaft of light in the morning. Plus, despite the outside light being blocked that night, light poured in from the hallway through a big gap between the door jam and door. We also got a room where only half of the great big TV was working. And in the morning we found a small spider climbing the wall (and my wife woke up with a bite on her arm). Hard to keep the little buggers out though.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve W
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and efficient staff. Gave us a welcome upgrade. Great room and facilities - indoor pool 9 althoough did not use this. Disappointed with Mobile - very limite downtown/historic district, with lots of properties empty, presumably the product of the recession.

• Stayed May 2013