“Quiet and Clean”

Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Quiet and Clean”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had to cancel another room because of Debby - the tropical storm, so, we called as a last minute reservation. The room was clean. The hotel was great once upon a time, but I think because of the economy, the hotel is almost empty. The hotel's pool is indoors and fantastic; although, it closed early. There is a coin washer and dryer. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is great - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, biscuits and gravy, fruit and drinks. Rate is good.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I checked in late in the evening. We are embarking on a cross country trip from Las Vegas to Key West. I booked this hotel as well as seven others for our adventure. Every hotel as been satisfactory with the exception of the Ashbury Hotel in Mobile AL. We went to the car around midnight to grab a bag of snacks and bottled water we had left and wanted to have in the room. The security guard on duty approached us hastily, seemed very agitated and aggressive. I gave him my name and room number and he remained rude and accused us of lying and followed us to our room. Very nervous, thinking this scary looking angry man was going to assault me, I fumbled with the swipe key. He again called me a liar and said I was not a guest on the premises. As soon as my boyfriend and I got the door open we shut it swiftly behind us and pushed all the furniture against the door. I just don't understand why he was so angry. He meant to scare us, and he did. We will never return to Alabama.

• Stayed July 2012
Meridian, Ms
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I hate to read any negative comments on the Ashbury. It was remodeled a few years ago from an old time outdoor hotel to the "holidome" that it is today. If you like to swim in clean salt water, either inside or outside, then this is the place for you! The rooms are traditional, nothing great, nothing lousy, but be sure to know about your breakfast, if included. If not, the IHOP is just down airport highway. I always stay here a few times a year when traveling.

Peace and enjoyment,
"Aqua Woman"

Room Tip: Be inside the "holidome". It's cooler and more comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Leakesville, Mississippi
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Hotel has seen it's finer days (over 30 years ago). Indoor pool is 4 foot deep at the end. And cold. Rooms are old. Security couild be a problem

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bamatrader
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here during Mardi Gras...enticed by the pictures listed online. However, this hotel is the epitome of disgusting, and looks nothing like the pictures. The rooms are horrible, and in general, the hotel smells nasty. Not to mention not feeling safe during my stay there. Sadly, the staff was unfriendly, and I was so disappointed that I left after the first night to seek a CLEAN establishment Beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, for your own health...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura E
Pana
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Came in for school. Wi-fi is crap. Room was ok. Stepped outside to enjoy fresh air and had a beer in my hand, securtiy said I had to take it inside. LMAO 4 cars in the parking lot who is going to complain.. WON'T COME BACK

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here with a group that came to Mobile for Mardi Gras. On the 3rd morning 12 of the 54 people in our group had contracted a horrible virus. Several went to the hospital, several could not leave and were forced to spend another night, for which we were charged the regular room rate. After doing some inquiring I discovered this outbreak started the previous week in a guest room, and even some of the room attendants were forced to miss work. And yet, the hotel refused to take responsibility, insisting this was a city wide outbreak. I feel under the circumstances, we should have been warned about this upon check in, or, at the very least, been given a significant room reduction. While the staff has been pleasant, and the breakfast is ample, the management of this hotel should strive to keep this hotel a pleasant, healthy place. I won't even go into the marijuana smoking that was going on in the room next door, nor the rowdy teenagers who were allowed the run of the place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends