“What I needed”
Review of Courtyard Mobile

Courtyard Mobile
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I came to Alabama from Texas on a business trip and stayed the past 3 nights in Atmore at the Hampton Inn since Marriott does not have a location out there. When I walked in I just felt at home with the pleasant ambiance in the lobby area and when I pushed on the bed I knew I was going to have a great night's sleep which I what I needed after sleeping on hard beds at the Hampton. Their beds are soft and feel like my Temperapudic bed at home. The staff was super friendly. In fact, when I was working out this morning the manager came in and offered me a cold bottled water and did it again when my colleague and I were eating breakfast for no reason.

I slept great and appreciated the unexpected little things which is why when I come back to see my client in a few months I will stay here again.

Thanks Marriott for making my stay great! It's no wonder I've been a loyal member so long.

• Stayed: March 2013
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will share it with our entire staff. Hope to see you soon. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

They welcomed us with hospitality. Good location. Will stay here again. Close to shopping and anything you might need. The managers are very nice. Food and beer is a little high but convenient. Even if you need a bottle of wine they have it. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013
oursideofthestory, Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will share it with our entire staff. Please come back soon it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Judging from the other reviewers I guess you should be lucky to get a good room (or have elite or whatever status, or don't book via bidding on Priceline). However, a good hotel doesn't offer mediocre rooms to its guest, as the one we got. While the room itself was ok, acceptable clean (but not spotless), it cleary has a rundown feeling. Interior is clearly outdated and show signs of wear and tear, the beds aren't what they used to be. It just feels (literally cf. the above mentioned beds) like a second rate, borderline shabby hotel.
Furthermore, due to the location of the room and poor soundproofing, we heard the noise of the nearby highway non-stop.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your stay. Im very sorry that you did not enjoy it. I wanted to let you know that we will be renovating our rooms this year to match our renovated lobby, Bistro, and pool area. I hope you will come back and stay with us after our rooms are renovated. I know will be impressed. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for a few weeks. The staff is amazing...especially Gwen! The lobby is nice as well as the business center....however....the rooms need a MAJOR upgrade! Stayed in a King Suite and it was spacious, but that was the only upside. Room looked as if it were from the 80's. when it rained water came in window, Carpet was coming up off the floor, chair was dirty from stains/use, toilet ran constantly, and the bed was HORRIBLE! It was not the Marriott bed....and it baffles me why they have a brochure in the room trying to sell the bed to people when they dont even have it. Moved to a different hotel. You have the right staff...just get your rooms fixed!!!

Room Tip: Until they are upgraded, there are not any!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and your wonderful comments about Gwen. I will make sure that I share them with her. Im so sorry that there was a leak in your room. Unfortunately due to Hurricane Issac we did have a leak in room 101. We have since done extensive repairs on our roof and the issue has been fixed. Also we are currently planning a room renovation this Spring. Please come back and visit us, I know you will be very happy with the improvements that we will be making. Thank you again for staying with us please come back and visit us in the future.
Courtyard by Marriott, Mobile AL

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Arriving late in the evening, we located a room at this hotel in Mobile, AL. The king "spa" room that we were told was the only room available and a rate of $149. plus tax was just a king room with a jacuzzi tub in the otherwise regular bathroom. Although we have both AAA and AARP and the hotel advertises discounts for both programs, the desk clerk told me that neither was available because there was a tennis tournament in town even though we had nothing to do with tournament and we were booking the room after 8:00pm and checking out early the next a.m. This tells me the hotel chain, and this hotel in particular, takes advantage of potential customers. For that reason alone, I won't again stay at any hotel in this chain.

As for our room, the bed was great, and there was a flat-screen TV. There was a small sink counter with one whole side of it taken up by the coffee maker, cups and an 8x5 basket holding coffee supplies. Not only was half of the small counter wasted, the coffee maker and cups were in the most unsanitary spot in the room. I really do not understand why hotels place coffeepots, and especially coffee cups, on the bathroom counter. We did not use the coffeemaker or cups because there were toothpaste spatters on the pot.

We were surprised there was only one elevator considering the size of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. While we do have AAA and AARP rates, we do not have them available on our speciality rooms such as our Spa King and our King Suite. If possible please call us in advance in the future and we will try and make sure that you are able to get our best rate possible. I apologize that due to our busy weekend we did not have other rooms available for sale. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I do appreciate your business.
Courtyard by Marriott, Mobile AL

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Where do they do that? 4pm and the room wasn't ready. Also the tv was at the side of the bed instead of at the foot. Where do they do that? Room was cleanish, spots on the bathroom mirror were pretty gross? It is quiet though, a good place to sleep, but they desperately need to train there management and cleaning staff. Would I recommend it, yes, as a one night stop and go, no more.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Thank you so much for letting me be aware of the room that you had reserved not being ready when you checked in . Our check in time is 3 pm (Central Time). We do try to check guest in early if the room is available. Requests for specific rooms or certain rooms such as our King Suite and our Spa King may take a little more time due to their size and scarcity. Also, occasionally a guest will check out late which does not allow us to clean a specific room as quickly. I would like to investigate this further. Please contact me at your convienence. Again thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. I do appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Everything was great except they power went out and they have no backup generator

• Stayed: June 2011
oursideofthestory, General Manager at Courtyard Mobile, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. If your travels take you back to Mobile we would love to have you stay with us again.