“Second Stay Was Not A Charm!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Jackson, Mississippi
“Second Stay Was Not A Charm!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I travel a lot and I know a Hampton Inn. This property is really nice overall, it is clean, convenient and overall the staff is friendly. BUT....

this time, my room's a/c did not work. It blew cool (not cold) damp air into the room non-stop, but the condenser/compressor never engaged, so the room was damp and felt like a swamp cooler.

I asked the housekeepers on my floor if i was imagining this and they agreed that it was muggy and damp in my room. I reported it and the engineer was no help. He offered a fan to me... REALLY?

So, I am now up at 2:30 am covered in a damp, sticky film. It is not really hot in here, it is just not cool at all - like if you just ran the fan on your a/c unit with no a/c turned on on the most humid day of the year.

I am tired, I am frustrated and I will think twice before staying here again. Hello Courtyard by MArriott next door!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eam66
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am so sorry about the issues that you experienced with your air conditioner. I will research this issue and have that air conditioner replaced immediately. I would love for you to give us a second chance. It would be our pleasure to have youstay with us again.
Shane Aldridge, General Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites I65, Mobile AL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that this Hampton is rather difficult to find, but once there, we found it to be quite nice. We stayed here before a trip to the Smoky Mountains, and liked it well enough to book it again on our return trip.. The staff is excellent--friendly and helpful--and the breakfast was good. The rooms seemed quite clean and it was actually more modern than many Hamptons I've recently visited--with adequate outlets and conveniences. I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Please visit us on your way home. It was definitely our pleasure to have you. Thanks again.
Shane Aldridge, General Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites I65, Mobile AL
Keller, Tx
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This location is right off I-65 however it has a very strange entrance and exit off the freeway. You either have to go really far South and then loop back around on the two-way access road or you have to exit on Airport Blvd and find the right entrance to the two-way access road.
The hotel is a Smoking\Non-Smoking hotel - be sure you know which room you are booking!! The staff kindly changed my room to Non-Smoking when I mis-booked a Smoking room thinking they were all Non-Smoking. Even though the room was Non-Smoking it seemed every hallway in the hotel smelled of smoking.
The breakfast was nicely appointed, eggs, hot oatmeal with toppings avail, cold cereal avail, and pastries.
I found the location very difficult to find a quick bite to eat for dinner. If you drive way south (a couple of miles) you can find a Mcallister's Deli and a Steak n Shake or you can drive to Airport Blvd and find restaurants and fast food but nothing was really convenient to the hotel after an exhausting day working.

Room Tip: Just be sure you either specify Smoking or Non-Smoking when booking!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you and I appreciate your feedback regarding the option of Smoking vs. Non-Smoking availability. We are in the process of evaluating the conversion of ten guest rooms that allow smoking. Please check back with us, we would be excitied to see you return.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great hotel at a very reasonable price. I stayed here before and I'll keep coming back with every visit to Mobile. The staff is friendly and I've always been pleased with the room, the free breakfast, the decor and cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms, halls, lobby and breakfast area have all been recently updated. Its an attractive hotel. This time I stayed on the side of the hotel that is adjacent to the highway and I did not hear the traffic like some hotels. I slept soundly. I don't even shop around any more when I travel to Mobile because this is the place for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted you have chosen Hampton Inn and Suites I-65 Mobile, AL as your preferred desintation. Thank you for sharing your great experience. Your loyalty to our property is very much appreciated.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have spent several hundred nights in Hampton Inns throught the Southeast for both business and pleasure since returning to Alabama in 1997. The welcome we received at this Hamption Inn was the warmest I can remember. The young lady at the desk in the evening gave us detailed directions to the restaurant we had selected. The following morning the staff members serving breakfast paid close attention to keeping the breakfast bar immaculate. This motel has been well maintained and should be your choice should you decide to visit Mobile.

Room Tip: This motel recently received numerous upgrades and is beautiful throughout. We feel any room you ch...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to commend us at the Hamption Inn I-65 Mobile, AL. To read your comments, "Best stay at Hamption Inn ever" is not only humbling but it made our entire staff jump with excitement. As a leader, it's a daily goal to seek opportunites that inspire our staff to be the best we can be. Your comments have reminded us that each day we must commit to going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you once again for your delightful feedback,
Doylestown, Ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff and accommodations at the Hampton were wonderful. From the moment I first arrived and requested a bigger room to my wake up call at 3:00 a.m. for my departure it couldnt have been better. This is a case where you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you explain to the staff your peferences they will probably be able to accommodate you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for selecting Hampton Inn and Suites I-65 Mobile, AL for your recent stay. Our Hampton team is honored to read your wonderful response. From the entire team in Mobile, "Happy Mardi Gras". Please consider us in the future as your destination preference when staying in Mobile, AL.
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed January 29, 2013

All of the staff were very pleasant and friendly. The front desk staff were very helpful with directions and were very personable. The room was very comfortable and clean. Everyone always had a smile and seemed to be happy to help with anything. The grounds and hallways are very well lit. We found the hotel to be centrally located for our purposes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
It's always a delight to hear back from our loyal guests! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites I-65 in Mobile as your preference.