“Very Nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This by is far one of the best Hamptons we have stayed in.

It appears to be fairly new. The exterior is well manicured and well kept. Check-in was effortless we were greeted and checked in immediately and very pleasantly.

The room was immaculate. Everything was clean and in working order. The décor was nicely done and the bed was very comfortable.

Our only complaint is that breakfast had no protein. In a nation that is getting larger fewer carbohydrates would be best. But that is it.

We actually stayed here twice on this trip and the second time was every bit as nice as the first time.

You cannot go wrong at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Nice Hampton property. Friendly, helpful staff and few places to eat in the area. Takes awhile to get to the airport as you have to go thru every traffic lite on Airport Blvd.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
SteveMHampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel and staff. We are happy that you found it satisfactory and area dining and events available to you. I'm so sorry to hear that Airport Boulevard was difficult. Some times are better throughout the day, but I do understand at times it is timely catching all the traffic lights.
We hope to see you again your next visit to the area.
Again, thanks for your time to provide us with your comments.
We appreciate you as a valued guest.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here during an unexpected layover, so did not have much time to see much of the area. The grounds of the hotel -- in fact, the entire neighborhood -- was lovely, with trees and well-kept landscaping. Everyone on the staff was very welcoming and friendly, there was fresh fruit and coffee in the lobby, and several better chain restaurants were within an easy walk. The room had a desk with internet connection which worked well. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bath was clean and in good condition. Shuttle service was available to and from the airport, as well as to many restaurants beyond walking distance. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the pool and the side road, and was quiet, with no noticeable noise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This stay went off without a single complaint....the room was clean and spacious (we had a king suite), the employees were curtious and friendly, internet was easy to access and without any breaks in service, and the breakfast bar offered a wide variety of food. We were here for an event our son was attending downtown, and although the Hampton downtown would have been closer (and is very nice, too), the price and parking arrangements at this Hampton was more reasonable and worth the 15 minute drive to downtown. We would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cerelia
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I really wanted to rate this place higher than just 3 (average), as it is very nice, clean, comfortable and has a great staff who is eager and friendly to help. However, the floors are too thin or not supported well or insulated or something is missing that allows the room/ceiling above your room (unless your on top) to pound/thud when the person in the room above walks. We stayed here for two nights, and really enjoyed the comfy beds, but we were awoken both mornings when the person in the room above us got up before we did and was seemingly just walking in the room as far as we could discern.

The rest of the room details:

Room: We had a suite, which was very big with an entrance area with a small kitchenette, pull out sleeper sofa, desk with two chairs (one each side), King size bed, typical tv stand with 3 drawers and closet with sliding mirror door. In the closet was an ironing board and bedding for the sofa.

Bathroom: Toilet and bathtub/shower in one room with a separate area with one sink and large mirror. Shower head was adjustable and well above my head (I'm 5'9"). Note: Towels are under the sink outside the bathroom, grab one before you get in the shower. ;)

Bed: We had a King size bed and it was very very comfortable, however it could have used one or two more pillows, according to my wife.

Staff: The staff here are all very friendly and courteous.

Breakfast: Included with the stay is breakfast which seems to vary with the hot foods, but always includes breads, fruit, oatmeal, juices and coffee as well as a make your own waffle station which is a big favorite of mine!

Overall, this is a great place to stay, however, I would recommend the top floor if you don't want to be disturbed by people walking and making noise above you.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the top floor to avoid noisy neighbors above.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
lisalightseygm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate your choice to stay with us at the Hampton Inn I-65, Mobile location. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure your enhancement suggestions are considered for future projects.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This Hampton Inn has thought of everything! Even has great curb appeal! Lobby is cozy & every employee was friendly! Shanta, the breakfast hostess, was a gem! Breakfast was well stocked and clean. The elevator was the best ever...it was fast and you didn't even know you were moving. Never had to wait for an elevator and we were on the 4th floor! Air conditioner was quiet. Walls were well insulated because our stay was peacefully quiet. What can I say about the bathroom? Spacious, walk in shower...very nice! Microwave & fridge. Clean, comfortable & fresh bed. Hotel has a sweet fragrance. Workout room has top of the line treadmill, elliptical & bike. Even had weight bench & free weights! Loved it!! I think Hampton Inn is the way to go!

• Stayed: April 2012
SteveMHampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

You are so gracious with all your positive comments. Thank you so much! We will definitely pass this along to all our associates to let them enjoy your wonderful remarks on how we are doing. We look forward to your return visit soon.

Assistant Manager
251-343-4007

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I usually stay in Hampton Inns when we travel and recently stayed one night at the Hampton off Airport Blvd in Mobile, AL. As all Hamptons are independently operated and managed, some are better than others. The one in Mobile was one of the better ones. Room was clean and neat -- and quiet considering that it was next door to I-10 highway. Service, staff, and breakfast accommodations were better than most hotel complimentary breakfasts, which we've found to the case in most, but not all, Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: Try for a room that doesn't face I-10. Our room facing the back was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comment! The valuable information you gave regarding the staff and breakfast will be past along to our associates. They enjoy when guests are able to take that time to let them know how they are doing and we as management love to hear how the hotel is doing. Thanks again,

Assistant General Manager