“Great service!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed in Mobile the 28th and 29th of Oct. We could not have had better service and the room was extremely nice. Jennifer, at the front desk was so sweet and thoughtful. I would always stay here if I need to stay in Mobile, Al.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Pros: Convenient to I-65 and downtown without having to stay in downtown Mobile; Clean and comfortable rooms; friendly staff

Cons: Breakfast at this particular Hampton Inn is not the best...selections were repeated during the week, there were no biscuits, and the overall quality of the food was only fair. Also...don't expect to sleep/rest/have quiet time past about 9AM because housekeeping can get very noisy. One morning they knocked on my door about 10AM while I was in the shower, even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MisterGrace
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I with our 3 boys arrived at the hotel and within minutes we were in our room.
The staff at the front desk were super friendly.
The pool area is great and there is even a whirlpool. All clean and plenty of towels at the pool entrance.
The rooms are great and there is a fridge and a microwave. Level 1 has a laundry with $1 washes and $1 driers.
The air con in the rooms is fantastic and the bathrooms are of good size and look new.
The rooms have plenty of lights to make it nice and bright, I really dislike dark or poorly lighted hotel rooms.
There is plenty of free parking and the hotel was busy. Even though it was busy it was a very quiet place.
Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank TarinJohn
SteveMHampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

TarinJohn,

Thank you very much for you comments regarding our hotel. Most guest do not take the time to tell us how we are doing when there stay was positive so we very much appreciate it.
We are very please you enjoyed your stay and the services and accommodations were pleasant.
We hope to see you again in the near future in Mobile.

Regards,
Steve Mesler,
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites
251-343-4007

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I left a very expensive dress behind and once back home, no one seems to care to help me find it. I call and get transferred to lost and found and get a voicemail. Then I call back and get a difference person who tells me that lost and found is gone for the day and left early. Doesn't the manager have to tag these items and then inventory them daily. Don't these items have to be turned into to the lead housekeeper. Doesn't someone else who is a live person know something? I don't have time to call back many times per day in hopes of catching someone. Shouldn't they make an attempt to contact me when they first notice that I left the dress, after all they had my information from when I stayed there. Isn't that what food customer service should be about? Oh no, I get it ....that would be called service after the sell, I guess they don't want me to stay at a Hampton Inn EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
SteveMHampton, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear plables,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize that we were unable to locate your item. We have reviewed the process and protocol for lost and found items with our housekeeping staff and have made changes in order to improve our service.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope that you’ll give us another opportunity when you visit Mobile. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Steve Mesler
Assistant General Manager
Steve.Mesler@hilton.com
251-343-4007

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Clean an well maintained, was greeted upon arrival as a diamond level guest. Had to go back to the desk for my snack and water which was not in the room. Nice swimming pool and workout room. Overall above average for a Hampton. Beware of the service roads getting in and out of the hotel. It is not an easy on/off exit ramp so make sure you have good directions.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid-July. When we got to the room, it looked ok, but then we were shocked to find a previous guest's leftover food still in the refrigerator... then, the television's volume did not seem to be functioning and was very static-y. Then, one of the two phones in the room did not work. And lastly, the hotel did not have an internet connection at all during our stay. At one point, I was given an 800 number by the front desk so I could troubleshoot the internet connection problem--is that a guest's job?

Staff were quick to advise that "that storm' had knocked out everything, but even as I traveled on vacation, I had assignments that required research online that I could not complete. Each one of my complaints were reported to the front desk, unfortunately, none were resolved during my stay.

When we checked out, I voiced my concerns again. The manager on duty at the time has stepped up and requested a refund for one of the two nights that were there, which did help. But the lack of internet made my research and assignments difficult to do and impossible to turn in--it was only after we had checked into our next hotel that I was able to complete the work I had hoped to complete while I was there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Amie F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your review of the hotel during your visit to Mobile. As the General Manager, I welcome and appreciate your evaluation and I am very sorry that you experienced problems.

Unfortunately, the lightning from the storm caused outages for the entire hotel and disrupted service for all guests, but repairs have been made to correct all Internet issues the storm caused. I have also shared your comments with the housekeeping staff as well to ensure future guest satisfaction.

I am very glad to hear that the manager did extend the 100% Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee. Understandably, I can see how you were frustrated by the outages as you were unable to complete your assignments as needed. Please trust that we would appreciate the opportunity to impress you in the future should you come to Mobile again.

Amie Flowers
mobap.hampton.suites@hilton.com

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed here on business for four nights. The hotel is very clean, as our the rooms. The bed was very comfortable; the room very spacious with lots of closet and drawer space. The TV has many channels. The bathroom is roomy with lots of storage space. My room only had a shower, but it was one with a great showerhead, so it was fine. The hotel provides a large breakfast each morning in a nice dining area. The selection of foods is large. The hotel also has a decent workout room. I worked out everyday and never shared the gym with anyone. The hotel also offers a pool, sitting area and a lot of free parking. And cookies each night at the front desk. What reallly separates this hotel from others though is the customer service. The staff could not have been nicer. Jennifer helped me move from a smoking room that my clients booked me into and always had a warm smile and friendly word. All the employees I encountered could not have been nicer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business