“Good nights rest”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
“Good nights rest”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Clean an well maintained, was greeted upon arrival as a diamond level guest. Had to go back to the desk for my snack and water which was not in the room. Nice swimming pool and workout room. Overall above average for a Hampton. Beware of the service roads getting in and out of the hotel. It is not an easy on/off exit ramp so make sure you have good directions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in mid-July. When we got to the room, it looked ok, but then we were shocked to find a previous guest's leftover food still in the refrigerator... then, the television's volume did not seem to be functioning and was very static-y. Then, one of the two phones in the room did not work. And lastly, the hotel did not have an internet connection at all during our stay. At one point, I was given an 800 number by the front desk so I could troubleshoot the internet connection problem--is that a guest's job?

Staff were quick to advise that "that storm' had knocked out everything, but even as I traveled on vacation, I had assignments that required research online that I could not complete. Each one of my complaints were reported to the front desk, unfortunately, none were resolved during my stay.

When we checked out, I voiced my concerns again. The manager on duty at the time has stepped up and requested a refund for one of the two nights that were there, which did help. But the lack of internet made my research and assignments difficult to do and impossible to turn in--it was only after we had checked into our next hotel that I was able to complete the work I had hoped to complete while I was there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Amie F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/I-65 at Airport Blvd, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for your review of the hotel during your visit to Mobile. As the General Manager, I welcome and appreciate your evaluation and I am very sorry that you experienced problems.

Unfortunately, the lightning from the storm caused outages for the entire hotel and disrupted service for all guests, but repairs have been made to correct all Internet issues the storm caused. I have also shared your comments with the housekeeping staff as well to ensure future guest satisfaction.

I am very glad to hear that the manager did extend the 100% Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee. Understandably, I can see how you were frustrated by the outages as you were unable to complete your assignments as needed. Please trust that we would appreciate the opportunity to impress you in the future should you come to Mobile again.

Amie Flowers
mobap.hampton.suites@hilton.com
New York, NY
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed here on business for four nights. The hotel is very clean, as our the rooms. The bed was very comfortable; the room very spacious with lots of closet and drawer space. The TV has many channels. The bathroom is roomy with lots of storage space. My room only had a shower, but it was one with a great showerhead, so it was fine. The hotel provides a large breakfast each morning in a nice dining area. The selection of foods is large. The hotel also has a decent workout room. I worked out everyday and never shared the gym with anyone. The hotel also offers a pool, sitting area and a lot of free parking. And cookies each night at the front desk. What reallly separates this hotel from others though is the customer service. The staff could not have been nicer. Jennifer helped me move from a smoking room that my clients booked me into and always had a warm smile and friendly word. All the employees I encountered could not have been nicer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank David W
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The assistant manager at this location, Steve Mesler was very arrogant and haughty in his treatment of my questioning the room condition. He made me feel like I was wrong for even addressing the problem. So much for 100% satisfaction. I love Hampton Inn, but I would suggest that the management here learn to appreciate their paying customers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Fayetteville
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My teenage son and I stayed one night here. Check in was a little slow, but the one woman behind the desk was busy with phone calls and others waiting to check in. It was 10pm and it got busy, fast. But she was very professional and polite! Handled our check-in the fastest she could.
Our room was very clean. The beds comfortable. My son and I both brought our lap tops along and we were able to connect to the internet with out any problems. Room has hidden microwave and mini fridge tucked away in the dresser. Bathroom has curved shower rod and new tile shower and floors. Granite counter tops. Heat/Air controlled on digital wall unit.
Complimentary breakfast and a pool/hot tube were just an added bonus for me. Along with a lcheck out of 12noon. My son had a class to attend and they let me stay out by the pool and on the property until he returned, which was past check out.
No problems here! Great and relaxing stay! Sorry for the sideways pictures.

Room Tip: AAA gave me the best rate.