All reviews rooftop pool trellis room beautiful hotel new tower piano bar whispering arch rsa tower separate tub and shower joe cain valet parking valet service royal street historic building club level beautiful lobby corner room convention center
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Thought I was booking a room at "The Historic Battle House Hotel" was placed in the RSA Tower which has been built withing the previous decade. Also told parking was adjacent. VALET parking is adjacent but as I was in a rental car that only allows me to drive that was not an option. Was told the other garage was just across the street but had to walk a block and a half in pouring rain (Mobile is the wettest city in the US) and we were drenched entering the lobby. Two days and $490.00 later I still have not stayed in the Battle House and paid for remote parking. The Manager talked to me at check out and offered to assist on my next stay. he won't get that chance.

Room tip: I Plan to Book A Different Hotel
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank W.S. W
RMBattleHouse, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

I apologize for you not being able to stay in the historic building, half of our rooms are in the tower side and half in the historic side. The historic building was not made with balconies and you requested a balcony so the only choice we had was to put you in the tower side.
Again I apologize for the mix up in rooms.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

I love staying at the Battlehouse the ambiance is wonderful. Unfortunately I had less then great experience at the Spa recently. Was given a spa package for my 60th from my kids. Facial was good. Massage was not awful but not really great but the mani/pedi was terrible. I know what time the appoints were booked for and after waiting 45 minutes for my 3 pm mani/pedi I had to go find someone and ask what the problem was and was told it would be another 45 minutes. Ok I will go enjoy the steam room --just as I changed into bathing suit I was called for the mani/pedi. (about 10 minutes later not 45). I was told when I got there that this certain attendant would be taking care of me--never saw her again. Got in touch with Spa manager and she said she would look into it. Never heard from her again either. I know how much my chidlren spent to give me this experience and they were robbed.! So expected more as nice as the hotel is.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

Booked this hotel using Bonvoy app as a place between “here and there,” not expecting anything beyond comfortable and clean. What we got was gracious southern hospitality served up in a beautiful grand dame of an historic hotel.

The room was beyond spacious. The amenities were good. The mattress and pillows good enough to make my bad back happy.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2019

The hotel is lovely - nice and clean - beautiful historic features - pleasant ambiance - very spacious rooms and comfortable beds ! Excellent offerings in the hotel restaurants - as well as in the Club Lounge - and within walking distance of others town attractions ! A very enjoyable experience!!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gudrun R
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Parking was atrocious, where is the front? Checking in took way too long. We decided to stay another day! Nothing was open in walking distance. Everything closes at 1800. Only place was a sandwich shop! What a wasted trip. Internet was slow for the cost of room extremely inadequate! This is a never again place to stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
RMBattleHouse, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

I apologize for the poor experience you had here in Mobile, we only offer valet and that service is usually good but in this case it seemed as though we failed. Our concierge and front desk staff can point you in the right direction for places that stay open passed 6pm there are plenty of them if we know what you are looking for. Again I apologize for the lack of an experience and I will look into correcting these for future guest.