Immediately following our wedding reception, my new husband and I pulled up to the Battle House in our stretch SUV limo with lots of luggage from our wedding, for the two nights we were staying in Mobile, and for the weeklong honeymoon we would be taking. There was no valet to help us get our luggage up the stairs into the lobby. After we finally made it into the lobby, obviously struggling in our full wedding garb, no one offered to help with our luggage.
Although the arrival process left MUCH to be desired, our room and the remaining experience was wonderful. We had a corner room- very comfortable and clean with a huge bathroom. The bed very comfortable, but the train located somewhere nearby did wake me up several times throughout the night.
We had a great breakfast in the trellis room. The service there was excellent.
Arrangement for transportation to the airport at 430 in the morning was fairly easy. We approached the front desk for advice, and they offered to make arrangements. When we didn't hear from them several hours later, a quick phone call to the front solved the issue. Modern Limo was waiting to take us to the airport that next morning right on time... DEFINITELY recommend their transportation services for both towncar & limo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa, one of the premiere luxury hotels in Alabama, located in downtown Mobile in the Central Business District, across from the Mobile Convention Center. Our downtown Mobile hotel has been a favorite of entertainment celebrities, sports legends, a president, and a king since 1852. The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa was thoughtfully resorted to its original grandeur and is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. The legendary AAA Four Diamond Hotel also offers The Trellis Room, Mobile's only Four Diamond Restaurant. The Spa at The Battle House is a 10,000 sq. ft. oasis boasting a full salon, eight treatment rooms, and a Zen-like fire pit in our spectacular, tranquil Quiet Room. Host unforgettable affairs inside our magnificent Crystal Ballroom and marvel at our whispering arches (our acoustical feature). Join us in Mobile's Living Room, located just steps from Mobile's Entertainment District, Gulf Coast Exploreum & Imax, the Carnival Museum, Museum of Mobile, and Fort Conde. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel Mobile
- The Battle Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance Mobile
- Mobile Renaissance