We booked into The Battle House for New Years Eve. We had dinner in The Trellis Room and then attended the Moon Pie Over Mobile Ball across the street.
The Lobby entrance is on Royal street and is the remodeled Lobby of the historic Battle House Hotel. The cathedral ceiling and two story Christmas tree were splendid. Everything about the decor and service upon arrival were enchanting.
Our room was in the new tower and is what you expect in a Renaissance hotel. It was spacious and well appointed. All of the staff was delightful.
The room rate was a great value for the experience we received. While a number of reviewers have groused about the cost of internet and valet parking both charges were well within usual and customary rates and the hotel is in a location that does not require either.
The Trellis Room far exceeded my expectations for a Southern Hotel Restaurant. While it was expensive and lacked 5 star execution it was a true joy that added to our overall experience. (see individual review)
The Moon Pie over Mobile. I have never experienced a better fireworks display. The evening was crisp and cool under a glorious full moon. We attended the ball at the Convention Center. We danced and enjoyed the live entertainment. The highlight of our evening was watching the fireworks from the upstairs balcony. Some nights come together to create true magic, New Years Eve at the Battle House was just such an occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa, one of the premiere hotels in Mobile, Alabama, located downtown in the Central Business District across from the Mobile Convention Center. This downtown hotel in Mobile, AL has been a favorite of entertainment celebrities, sports legends, a president and a king since 1852. The Battle House was thoughtfully resorted to its original grandeur and is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. This legendary AAA Four Diamond Hotel also offers The Trellis Room, Mobile's only Four Diamond Restaurant. The Spa at The Battle House is a 10,000 sq. ft. oasis boasting a full salon, eight treatment rooms, and a Zen-like fire pit in our spectacular, tranquil Quiet Room. Host unforgettable affairs inside the magnificent Crystal Ballroom & marvel at our whispering arches (our acoustical feature). Join us in Mobile's Living Room, located just steps from Mobile's Entertainment District, Gulf Coast Exploreum & Imax, the Carnival Museum, Museum of Mobile & Fort Conde. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel Mobile
- The Battle Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance Mobile
- Mobile Renaissance